Nissan Pathfinder Forum banner

1 - 20 of 37 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Looking for information on the heated/cooled seat in my wife 2014 Pathfinder. It seemed to be intermiten the other day and now just doesn't work? No light, no heat, or ventilation, The passenger seat works normal. I looked for a fuse under the dash, but only found a rear seat fuse. Does the front two seats share a fuse and its a bad switch, or are they independent and it could be a fuse, relay, or switch? Looking for any help here, I do not have a manual for it yet, I did check all connections under the seat.

Thanks in advance,
Jake

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I would take it in, but apparently Nissan will not pay to have a shop where I live do it, I have to take it to an actual dealer. I live on an island in Alaska and Nissan wants me to pay for a 12 hour ferry (each way) and 5 and 1/2 hour (each way) drive to Anchorage. Yet they will pay a shop here to do a recall! Not happy with Nissan at all, they don't see anything wrong with what they are reccomending for me to do with my vehicle...... All for probably a $100 part... And I have an extended warranty that is probably no good now!

·
Super Moderator
2013 Pathfinder SL, Connecticut, USA
4,396 Posts
I would try to escalate your issue to a Nissan North America office. It seems that an accommodation would be reasonable to expect in your situation.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I have been dealing with Nissan of North America since early December for another recall to get fixed, which they sent the tool and no part?... Its been almost two months... I brought up the seat issue a few weeks ago, they got back to me today, saying I needed to take it to Anchorage, and when I asked to speak to a manager, they danced around getting me to one. I am going to call again tomorrow, but really not happy with the customer service. All other manufactures that do not have a authorized service contract on island here pay to have it delivered to an authorized dealer, if that is what they require, except Nissan.. They were more helpful with getting my money back on my extended warranty if I wanted, than solving my simple issue.:bang:

·
Super Moderator
4,396 Posts
Javier, I'd try PMing bggrndodge. He hasn't posted anything on the board in just short of a year and may no longer be checking it.

·
Registered
1 Posts
The Heating/Cooling feature in my Wife’s 2013 Pathfinder Platinum Driver’s seat just stopped working, the light on the switch doesn’t light for either heat or cool. The fuse for this seat is under the hood in the large fuse box. The fuse is not blown. I’m was thinking about replacing the switch to see if that’s the cause but Nissan Parts won’t let me return the part ($56) if that’s not the problem. Does anyone have any experience troubleshooting this?

·
Registered
4 Posts
Looking for information on the heated/cooled seat in my wife 2014 Pathfinder. It seemed to be intermiten the other day and now just doesn't work? No light, no heat, or ventilation, The passenger seat works normal. I looked for a fuse under the dash, but only found a rear seat fuse. Does the front two seats share a fuse and its a bad switch, or are they independent and it could be a fuse, relay, or switch? Looking for any help here, I do not have a manual for it yet, I did check all connections under the seat.

Thanks in advance,
Jake
The Heating/Cooling feature on the drivers seat in my 2015 Pathfinder (Platinum) just stopped working. The light on the switch doesn’t light for either heat or cool. The fuse is not blown (I think i found the correct 15A fuse). I started to take apart the console to switch the wiring between the passenger and drivers control to test the switch, but started to break parts. Has anyone posted a video on taking apart the console?

Thanks
Dan

·
Super Moderator
4,396 Posts
Have you tried searching YouTube, Dan?

·
Super Moderator
2015 Pathfinder SL - Tech 4WD
2,519 Posts
Did a little bit of digging, you do not need to remove the center console.

You first need to check your fuse and your relay. If those are good, then is a control issue and most likely not something you'll be able to fix yourself.

Here is the wiring diagram:

Here is the location of the relay, right side of the dash. The glove compartment might need to come off.

·
Super Moderator
4,396 Posts
Yes - I searched YouTube. I found no videos for the 2015 pathfinder center console.
Just for future reference. The center console hasn't changed from 2013 to 2015.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Did a little bit of digging, you do not need to remove the center console.

You first need to check your fuse and your relay. If those are good, then is a control issue and most likely not something you'll be able to fix yourself.

Here is the wiring diagram:

View attachment 14956

Here is the location of the relay, right side of the dash. The glove compartment might need to come off.

View attachment 14957
View attachment 14958
View attachment 14959
Thank you for the information!

I pulled the relay but saw that the passenger side still was working. I realized that I pulled M159.
I had to dig a little further to reach M180. I pulled it -both seat controls did not work.
I swapped it with M159 relay - the driver side control is still not working - the passenger side was still working.
So I ordered the driver side console control switch.

I will post again after I install it.

·
Registered
4 Posts

Thank you JayArras - but that is much more disassembly than I was hoping for. I just found this video which helped and I was able to pop out the top of the center console.

·
Super Moderator
2,519 Posts
Thank you for the information!

I pulled the relay but saw that the passenger side still was working. I realized that I pulled M159.
I had to dig a little further to reach M180. I pulled it -both seat controls did not work.
I swapped it with M159 relay - the driver side control is still not working - the passenger side was still working.
So I ordered the driver side console control switch.

I will post again after I install it.
Please take some pics when you are replacing it to help guide others in the future.

·
Registered
2019 Nissan Pathfinder SV 4x4
681 Posts
Maybe there's some variances in parts for the later years, but the exterior bits, my 2019's console looks just like the 2013s. Wow that's a lotta parts in there..

·
Super Moderator
2,519 Posts
I am pretty sure the only thing that change was the cup holder. 2013-2016 are two round holes and 2017+ has them kind of connected to make room for coffee cup's/thermos' handles.

1 - 20 of 37 Posts