Nissan Pathfinder Forum banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Anyone have driveline vibration at 68 mph+?? Doesn't feel like a wheel balance issue. I went back to the dealer and took a technician out for a test drive to diagnose and he agreed that it wasn't a wheel balance or tire road force problem. Also, he checked the drivetrain for loose parts or any play, but all checked out ok; so we test drove another PF on the lot and it had the exact same issue. Feels like the prop shaft is out of balance. This was the same driveline vibration I had with my 2019 Passport. They had to replace the prop shaft to resolve. They are talking with Nissan for next steps. Apparently, there is another PF that has the same problem. Hopefully this gets resolved soon as it is very annoying at highway speeds!!

·
Administrator
2015 Pathfinder SL - Tech 4WD
3,047 Posts
My 2015 had that issue, after multiple tire balance sessions including road force balance and replacing 3 rims, replacing the drive shaft finally eliminated the vibration.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
My 2015 had that issue, after multiple tire balance sessions including road force balance and replacing 3 rims, replacing the drive shaft finally eliminated the vibration.
Figure that's going to be the problem. It's been over a week and haven't heard back from the dealership on next steps to repair yet.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
It's been 4 weeks now and I had to call the dealership back to check status for repair. They said this is a normal characteristic and nothing can be done for now?!?!?

This vibration is not normal.... Does anyone else have a similar vibration at highway speeds?

·
Registered
53 Posts
It's been 4 weeks now and I had to call the dealership back to check status for repair. They said this is a normal characteristic and nothing can be done for now?!?!?

This vibration is not normal.... Does anyone else have a similar vibration at highway speeds?
Nope, did a 4hr (each way) road trip last weekend and did not feel any vibration at highway speeds. It was my first road trip and it was quite solid. I enjoyed the trip. Only gripe continues to be the front passenger seat. Because it is so low, the visor is useless for blocking the sun. Our drive was East to the coast early in the morning so my wife had the sun in her face all the way, and same in the afternoon as we headed back west. Nissan messed up big time here....

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Nope, did a 4hr (each way) road trip last weekend and did not feel any vibration at highway speeds. It was my first road trip and it was quite solid. I enjoyed the trip. Only gripe continues to be the front passenger seat. Because it is so low, the visor is useless for blocking the sun. Our drive was East to the coast early in the morning so my wife had the sun in her face all the way, and same in the afternoon as we headed back west. Nissan messed up big time here....
Appreciate the feedback. Wish I had the same experience. Apparently I'm one of the unlucky ones...

·
Registered
3 Posts
Just picked up mine 2 days ago and seeing the same thing, even seeing the vibration in the side mirrors and the passenger seat. Maybe it’s just a break in thing and it will go away, but definitely noticeable. I know this was posted a month ago so wanted to see if you have seen any improvements or info from Nissan?

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 · (Edited)
It hasn't gone away after 5 weeks. Nissan corporate is now involved and I will be dropping off at the dealership next week for next steps to hopefully repair.

Just picked up mine 2 days ago and seeing the same thing, even seeing the vibration in the side mirrors and the passenger seat. Maybe it’s just a break in thing and it will go away, but definitely noticeable. I know this was posted a month ago so wanted to see if you have seen any improvements or info from Nissan? QUOTE]

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
I have 4wd and see vibration in the driver's side view mirror, but feel and hear it at 70 mph+. Feels like it is coming from below the center console area under the vehicle.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts