Nissan Pathfinder Forum banner
21 - 29 of 29 Posts

·
Registered
41 Posts
Yes. Oddly, Nissan has a video on how to engage Neutral Hold Mode from 2021. I followed the guide exactly, which seems to mirror what was suggested in this thread and I still didn't get the message on the screen. No matter how long I hold in Neutral for the second time.

So I just went out and tried this and it took me 10 tries to do it. When I first got the truck I did it the first time, WTF?

·
Registered
41 Posts
Ha, interesting. Did you notice anything that seemed to work consistently once you got it to work after the 10th try?
I think I figured it out and the video is not accurate. You need to be in P with foot on the brake. You have to push the button on the side and move the shifter down towards the D and then let it go back to position and immediately do it again, making sure you keep the button on the side pressed. You have to get it where it feels like it's almost going into D for it to work. I can get it to work but only on the second time. Frustrating to say the least but I think I got it, now if the wife can figure it is another story. Tried to explain it to her and got yelled at, she had to leave. I'll get yelled at again when she needs it to stay in neutral and can't figure it, LOL. This is way to complicated and frustrating for a simple thing.

·
Registered
2022 Nissan Pathfinder (SL) FWD
60 Posts
I think I figured it out and the video is not accurate. You need to be in P with foot on the brake. You have to push the button on the side and move the shifter down towards the D and then let it go back to position and immediately do it again, making sure you keep the button on the side pressed. You have to get it where it feels like it's almost going into D for it to work. I can get it to work but only on the second time. Frustrating to say the least but I think I got it, now if the wife can figure it is another story. Tried to explain it to her and got yelled at, she had to leave. I'll get yelled at again when she needs it to stay in neutral and can't figure it, LOL. This is way to complicated and frustrating for a simple thing.
Ha, I will definitely give it another try and report back. It's important and this helps! To your point, it shouldn't be this complicated. I'll be sure to pass it on to the dealership on my follow-up visit and Nissan once I get surveyed. Thank YOU.

·
Registered
60 Posts
So.. I stopped by the dealership today and we figured out the issue. I don't know if it's supposed to work when you shift down (from Park) into Neutral twice, but we got it to work (consistently) when I shifted up into Neutral twice (from Park). Very quick too. Anyways, hope this helps anyone else that runs into this. :geek:

·
Registered
2022 Pathfinder SL
93 Posts
So.. I stopped by the dealership today and we figured out the issue. I don't know if it's supposed to work when you shift down (from Park) into Neutral twice, but we got it to work (consistently) when I shifted up into Neutral twice (from Park). Very quick too. Anyways, hope this helps anyone else that runs into this. :geek:
This does help - it is what I've been doing too!
This tag was attached to the shift lever when I drove away from the dealer. It amazed me (not really!) the dealer didn't spend some time on this with the 'tutorial' he provided when we picked up the car.

Attachments

·
Registered
60 Posts
This does help - it is what I've been doing too!
This tag was attached to the shift lever when I drove away from the dealer. It amazed me (not really!) the dealer didn't spend some time on this with the 'tutorial' he provided when we picked up the car.
Indeed! I keep the card in the vehicle now, just in case I need to have it serviced somewhere else or valet so that they're not forcing the shifter if they're not familiar with how to use it.

21 - 29 of 29 Posts