Nissan Pathfinder Forum banner
1 - 20 of 29 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Has anyone taken vehicle thru a automatic car wash? If so do you have to turn off all the safety features? like Automatic braking and such... And what else do I need to do? Thank you

·
Registered
2022 Nissan Pathfinder Platinum 4WD, Obsidian Green
31 Posts
Has anyone taken vehicle thru a automatic car wash? If so do you have to turn off all the safety features? like Automatic braking and such... And what else do I need to do? Thank you
I've taken mine through an auto wash probably about 10 times now, no issues at all. Put in neutral and let it ride. No alerts or warnings. So, from my experience, no need to change anything as I have ALL my safety features ON.

·
Registered
2022 Gun Metallic SL
33 Posts
Turn off the Automatic Brake Hold (switch on the console below the shifter), place it in neutral (practice that … it’s a bit different) and you’re good to go.

·
Registered
41 Posts
Yes, just put in neutral by read the manual on how to do it. You basically have to shift it twice to neutral with the second time holding it there until you see the notification on the dash that the car is in neutral mode.

·
Administrator
2015 Pathfinder SL - Tech 4WD
3,336 Posts
Also, on every car, you should turn the HVAC system to recirculation mode, not fresh air.
Yeah, I learned that the hard way this Winter after water soaked the cabin filter on my Taurus which then completely froze cutting off all air circulation in the cabin. Fog started to build inside all windows and windshield to the point I had to stop, clean them and then drive home with the windows down in freezing temperatures.

·
Registered
517 Posts
Yikes! Something else that can happen is the cowl is not designed to drain monsoons, so if it's set to fresh air, it can come right in the ducting and leak out of all of the ducting seams. Lots of stuff behind the dash you don't want to get wet or corroded!

·
Registered
517 Posts
Does it not normally stay in neutral? Once put in N, it shouldn't change unless you change it. Some cars require you to put press the brake to go from neutral to drive.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Does it not normally stay in neutral? Once put in N, it shouldn't change unless you change it. Some cars require you to put press the brake to go from neutral to drive.
I can’t get it into the neutral. I don’t know if it’s because the car wash belt is moving? To shift to neutral do I also push in the small button on the side of the shifter with my thumb? Or just guide the shifter up? Maybe that’s my issue.

·
Registered
41 Posts
I can’t get it into the neutral. I don’t know if it’s because the car wash belt is moving? To shift to neutral do I also push in the small button on the side of the shifter with my thumb? Or just guide the shifter up? Maybe that’s my issue.
Just move it to neutral but you have to do it twice. The second time you have to hold it there until you see it flash Neutral mode activated otherwise it won't stay in neutral.

·
Registered
31 Posts
All I do is hold the shifter upwords without any buttons pushed for literally 1 second and it goes into neutral and stays.

To get out of neutral coming out of the autowash, I need to lightly press on the brake and slide shifter down once and I drive away.

Note. I don't not use the auto brake 'feature'.

·
Registered
9 Posts
All I do is hold the shifter upwords without any buttons pushed for literally 1 second and it goes into neutral and stays.

To get out of neutral coming out of the autowash, I need to lightly press on the brake and slide shifter down once and I drive away.

Note. I don't not use the auto brake 'feature'.
Thank you for replying! Do you push the brake to get it into neutral?

·
Registered
31 Posts
Thank you for replying! Do you push the brake to get it into neutral?
So..when I pull up into position before the car wash door, I am never in park, so I would have my foot on the brake in drive until I shift into neutral. Once I see the car is in neutral then I fully remove my foot from the brake until I want to drive away..lightly press brake (probably just about 1 inch because I don't fully want to mess up the pullies pushing my car) and shift down into drive and then off I go.

·
Registered
2022 Nissan Pathfinder (SL) FWD
60 Posts
So.. I tried the double-neutral step provided several times and I never get the Neutral mode activated message. Is it possible that it was removed via a later update? I just got the vehicle on 05/06. Curious if anyone else with a more recent production model can still do this.

DRK

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
So.. I tried the double-neutral step provided several times and I never get the Neutral mode activated message. Is it possible that it was removed via a later update? I just got the vehicle on 05/06. Curious if anyone else with a more recent production model can still do this.

DRK
I bought mine back in Oct.... That takes me to another question... What update?

·
Registered
41 Posts

DRK
Are you sure you're holding the shifter in the neutral position for a few seconds?

·
Registered
2022 Nissan Pathfinder (SL) FWD
60 Posts
Are you sure you're holding the shifter in the neutral position for a few seconds?
Yes. Oddly, Nissan has a video on how to engage Neutral Hold Mode from 2021. I followed the guide exactly, which seems to mirror what was suggested in this thread and I still didn't get the message on the screen. No matter how long I hold in Neutral for the second time.

·
Registered
41 Posts
Yes. Oddly, Nissan has a video on how to engage Neutral Hold Mode from 2021. I followed the guide exactly, which seems to mirror what was suggested in this thread and I still didn't get the message on the screen. No matter how long I hold in Neutral for the second time.

I would take it to the dealer.

1 - 20 of 29 Posts