Nissan Pathfinder Forum banner
1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I was driving 60mph on the highway and when the strong wind hit from side, something inside passenger side door rattled really bad. Does anybody have the experience like this? :confused:

·
Registered
186 Posts
Not for me on my highway driving. I am very sensitive to this stuff so would have noticed. Do keep us posted if you find out what it is though

·
Registered
112 Posts
I was driving 60mph on the highway and when the strong wind hit from side, something inside passenger side door rattled really bad. Does anybody have the experience like this? :confused:
does everything still function well for that door?

the window, door controls, etc?

have you check to make sure nothing on the outside of that door was loose?

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
does everything still function well for that door?

the window, door controls, etc?

have you check to make sure nothing on the outside of that door was loose?
Everything works okay. I could't find anything of the door loose. I may have to ask the deal to look inside of the door if any thing loose.

·
Registered
1,206 Posts
Something like this you would probably have to get the dealer or a mechanic to investigate.

I am guessing something inside the door came loose

·
Premium Member
249 Posts
on another thread somebody mentioned about the side mirror being not properly aligned causing it to make some noises. They got it fixed at the dealership resulting in a brand new mirror covered under warranty. not sure if this is your case but I would suggest bringing your pathinder to the nissan dealership and have them check it out.

·
Registered
234 Posts
I too am sensitive to any rattle in my car and don't have any.

The ONE thing that does rattle is the passenger seat belt - if the passenger gets out and leaves it twisted (a trick my wife is a pro at somehow), the buckle will rattle against the plastic door piece next to it. VERY annoying. The fix is simple, untwist the seatbelt but oh so annoying.

·
Premium Member
1,066 Posts
Not a single rattle to speak of (yet). This is the first car I've ever had that is so rattle-free.

Funny you mentioned about the wind though - mine seems to be particularly sensitive to wind gusts on windy days. I've thought about mentioning it to the dealer, but I think it's just a characteristic of the design. Anyone else notice this?

·
Registered
13 Posts
OP, I had the same problem as you did and while my car was at the dealer to have them look at the flapping hood problems, I asked them to look into the rattle on the door. The dealer found that the wiring harness in both of the right side doors were not properly secured. So they fixed it. I will be going on a 250 miles road trip this weekend and will report back if the issue is really fixed or not.

·
Registered
17 Posts
I haven't experience any door rattle while driving, however, I took delivery of my Path and I noticed that everytime I closed the front right passenger side I can hear a rattling sound. Took it the dealership and mechanic found a loose nut bolt that holds the window regulator. Mechanic tightened the nut bolt but ruined the leather door panel! Now the dealership ordered a new door panel b/c of the carelessness of their mechanic.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Passenger side rattle

Just experienced this today: Strong wind and driving about 65 MPH. Sounded like it was coming from the rear passenger door area. Tapped the bottom of the back door and underneath. Seems like there may be some sort of weatherstripping on the rocker moulding, maybe held in place with clips, that creates this noise? Heard it outside when I pressed on the weatherstripping. Clips or mounts seem to move causing the noise. Suspect it is louder inside? Need to have this checked when it goes in AGAIN for the hood shake.

·
Registered
62 Posts
Not a single rattle to speak of (yet). This is the first car I've ever had that is so rattle-free.

Funny you mentioned about the wind though - mine seems to be particularly sensitive to wind gusts on windy days. I've thought about mentioning it to the dealer, but I think it's just a characteristic of the design. Anyone else notice this?
Mine seems sensitive to cross winds too. I have an 2011 F-150 4x4 and it is very stable in cross winds as was the 2011Mustang convertible I traded
on the Pathfinder. I think Ford has electric steering with a computer controlled function to resist cross winds and cambered roads. I think our Pathfinders are a little sensitive but easy to get used to.

Harvey

·
Registered
40 Posts
The rattle may be from the lower black molding on the door. Those are not mounted tightly, but somewhat loose, poor design. Just try shaking it and see if that replicates the noise.

·
Registered
6 Posts
I have this issue. I believe it is coming from the lower molding below the chrome on the doors. 2x now with 25 mph crosswind overtaking a semi the passenger side has a horrendous rattle. The molding is very loose and the double sided tape used to secure it is failing.

·
Registered
236 Posts
The only issues I have with the doors is the POP sound it makes when I open them. It's the strangest sound. I'm gonna have it looked at when I take it in for it's first oil change.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Hi, I had the same rattle with a 2014 PF.Both front doors.Took to dealer and they ordered replacements.Back in the day metal clips held these parts securely. Tom

·
Registered
55 Posts
I had a hard time chasing down my rattle problem.. I had the roof rack trim replaced, door trim siliconed down.. Finally found the issue under the car the mud flap in front of the back tire had a broken clip on it. Check your mudflaps folks if you have unknown rattles.

·
Registered
22 Posts
I had a rattle on day one with my 2015 sl. Tracked it down to the muffler heat shield. It was missing 2 bolts on the passenger side. Found 2 stainless self tapping bolts in my nuts and bolts bin. Tightened them and it disappeared.

Sent from AutoGuide.com Free App

·
Registered
207 Posts
Had a very similar experience and couldn't for the life of me find it. Took everything out of the car thinking it was something like a tape measure or tool. Still rattled. Finally had a friend ride with me and try to locate it....that worked the sound was from under the car and I can best describe it as:
The little mud flap looking thing that is in front of the rear tire. This little plastic thing was hitting the underbody of the car and making the rattle. took it off, put some foam gasket tape on the area around the top of it and put it back on the car.
Problem solved.

1 - 19 of 19 Posts