Nissan Pathfinder Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
336 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Does the Pathfinder read and/or compose text messages? I remember either hearing about it or maybe seeing it in the manual but never figured out how to do it... Is there a way to do it?

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G925A using Tapatalk

·
Registered
56 Posts
2017 PF maybe able to read it. 2017 QX60 reads it so given that infotainment is same between the two vehicle I assume PF would too.

When I paired my phone I had to enable notifications on my phone for the vehicle's Bluetooth connection.

I can confirm the 2017 will read a text with an iphone 7, but I haven't figured out how to send one. It won't send, says unable to send. So I have it read to me on the screen, then have to yell hey siri and she interrupts the radio and i send a message through there. I only have the basic infotainment that comes with the sv.

·
Registered
336 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I can confirm the 2017 will read a text with an iphone 7, but I haven't figured out how to send one. It won't send, says unable to send. So I have it read to me on the screen, then have to yell hey siri and she interrupts the radio and i send a message through there. I only have the basic infotainment that comes with the sv.
How do you do it? What are the steps? (just thinking it might be a hidden menu somewhere)

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G925A using Tapatalk

·
Registered
56 Posts
All I did was pair up the phone, and had to go to my bluetooth menu on the phone and enable notifications for My_Car. The phone part works fine making and receiving calls, and the text message notifications pop up and it will read them to me. Just won't respond. Once I yell hey siri and say, send text message to so-and-so. All is well.

·
Registered
3 Posts
All I did was pair up the phone, and had to go to my bluetooth menu on the phone and enable notifications for My_Car. The phone part works fine making and receiving calls, and the text message notifications pop up and it will read them to me. Just won't respond. Once I yell hey siri and say, send text message to so-and-so. All is well.
Thanks for the information, this must work to me too. Have to try this

·
Registered
32 Posts
I have a Nexus 5 paired to my 2017, it will read text but not incoming ones, I have to go fish em out through the menus.... :|

·
Registered
2 Posts
Does anyone know how to turn OFF the reading of the texts ALOUD on a 2017 PF SV??? I have called Nissanand they were of no help. One day the car just started reading them aloud - I HATE this feature. I need someone to PLEASE tell me how to turn it off on the car because I have everything DISABLED on my phone, but the car still reads EVERYTHING!! Someone please please PLEASE help me!!! It's driving me insane!!!!

·
Registered
2 Posts
I have everything on my phone turned off, so much so that I don;t even have the part downloaded to my phone to have the capability to read texts aloud.. Everyone I've talked to says this is a car feature, not a phone feature. I am at my wits end, and will more than likely just turn off the messaging all together and be done with it, as that is all I have left to try, but then the car won't even notify me of a new text. Which at this point i'm almost ok with that, as long as the stupid woman stops coming over my speakers. I can't even find where to turn the voice help down, even with volume off, she is so **** loud.

Thanks for your help eruby!

·
Registered
336 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
I have everything on my phone turned off, so much so that I don;t even have the part downloaded to my phone to have the capability to read texts aloud.. Everyone I've talked to says this is a car feature, not a phone feature. I am at my wits end, and will more than likely just turn off the messaging all together and be done with it, as that is all I have left to try, but then the car won't even notify me of a new text. Which at this point i'm almost ok with that, as long as the stupid woman stops coming over my speakers. I can't even find where to turn the voice help down, even with volume off, she is so **** loud.

Thanks for your help eruby!
What phone do you have: Android or Apple?

For android, you can long press on the bluetooth icon in the pull down menu to see all your bluetooth devices. Each one of your paired bluetooth devices will have a "settings" option like the attached. One of the options on yours should say "texts" or "sms" or something (my car doesn't support it so I don't have it). That should stop it.

2013 Nissan Pathfinder SL
2002 BMW 325XI

·
Super Moderator
3,857 Posts
Go to page 4-119 of your owner's manual where Bluetooth settings are discussed. It looks like you need to purposely set notifications on your phone either on or off in order to control the text sending feature. On 4-123, there are instructions for configuring phone and text message settings. That might be where you turn the feature off.

I don't have those features on my 2013 Pathy, so I'm not able to test them for you. Take a look and let us know if that solves the problem.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts