Nissan Pathfinder Forum banner

Do you hear fluids sloshing?

10K views 17 replies 10 participants last post by  PowerDDanger 
#1 ·
Yesterday we had a pretty sizable rain (at least for Los Angeles). That evening, I noticed a sloshing sound when coming to a stop. It seems to be coming from the front of the vehicle. I have not noticed this noise before. Anyone have any thoughts?

#2 ·
Front of the vehicle? That is strange. There is nowhere for it to store. If its just sitting somewhere it should just evaporate but I doubt there is anywhere for the water to collect in a puddle. They design it so that it doesn't happen. Are you sure its not from the trunk?

#3 ·
cfrp: It may well be coming from the rear of the vehicle. My wife believes that to be the case. The gas tank is 2 gallons down from full. I suppose it could be the gas?

#4 ·
I think Nissan just cheaped out on putting a sound barrier between the gas tank and cabin. I have a couple cars that are like that, even when filling up fuel, being inside the vehicle as a passenger you can hear the gasoline being poured into the metal tank. Annoying.

it's nothing to worry about but if you really want to investigate it test drive another pathfinder.

#5 ·
I have about 3000 Miles on my pathfinder. Never heard this sound. Do you drive off road? I probably play the music so loud and then everyone is talking all the time so I never heard it. When I drive it again I will turn off the music and listen...

#8 ·
Keep an eye on the headliner, make sure it's not damp. My first PF had a missing bolt for the roof rack from the factory. An hour after I drove it off the lot, the headliner (toward the rear of the vehicle, near the hatch) was SOAKED. Needless to say, I turned that car right around and returned it to the dealership and took delivery of a different vehicle ;)

Reactions: nissanguy
#9 ·
You sir got luck it happened near the dealership and not when you were farther away. I know of some wet headliner horror stories, headliners that get so wet they depart from the roof. Be happy you didn't have to deal with that cause if it started falling of towards the rear, that would be a PITA

#12 ·
I think it was fuel in the tank as I have not noticed any damp areas. Given the number of problems with this vehicle, however, I would not be surprised if another problems appears.

Reactions: |\|issa|\|
#13 ·
im sure it is gas in the tank, a good number of cars have this "issue" nothing to worry about just an annoying sound. just gotta play your music louder to combat it LOl

if it really bothers some owners they can always install some sound barrier material to keep the sloshing noise away from the cabin.

#18 ·
People, please take a deep breath and step away from the ledge. For weight distribution in the new pathfinder the gas tank runs parallel with the car all the way up the driver side to the back of the front seat. You are hearing gas slosh. If you don't believe me, crouch under and take a look for yourself. Because of the spare tire placement the tank is not all the way in the back. There is no problem with your vehicles, although there are several on here that what you to believe there is!

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.