1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Vendor
Pathfinder 2017-2019
22 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi, everyone. Do you have a dashcam?
If not yet have, please refer.
Dash cam's video is an indisputable Record of the Accident and can use as legal evidence for most states.
And it's available to prevent auto insurance fraud and use to also a proof to get out of an alleged traffic violation ticket you didn't commit on the spot(or in a court of law).

·
Registered
298 Posts
I toyed around with a dashcam and just don't like it mounted on the windshield so it's in the drawer. I wanted something different so I bought a motorcycle cam. I haven't installed it yet but plan to soon. It came with 2 cameras but I need to find an extension cable for the rear IF I mount the rear. My plan is to mount the front camera in the grill area (under the back bumper in rear near hitch if I mount that). With the downloaded app, I will be able to see live video but I really don't care about that. Just want it as mentioned for accident review. The main unit is waterproof (for motorcycles) but I'll have that under the hood anyway. It starts recording when the engine starts and even locks the video if there is a sudden stop like in an accident. I really don't understand why more companies don't make cams for under the hood. I really think this is a better idea.
I have heard that if you are at fault in an accident, the other party can subpoena the video if they know you have a camera. I like the fact that mine will be somewhat invisible to others.

·
Vendor
Pathfinder 2017-2019
22 Posts
Discussion Starter #3 (Edited)
I toyed around with a dashcam and just don't like it mounted on the windshield so it's in the drawer. I wanted something different so I bought a motorcycle cam. I haven't installed it yet but plan to soon. It came with 2 cameras but I need to find an extension cable for the rear IF I mount the rear. My plan is to mount the front camera in the grill area (under the back bumper in rear near hitch if I mount that). With the downloaded app, I will be able to see live video but I really don't care about that. Just want it as mentioned for accident review. The main unit is waterproof (for motorcycles) but I'll have that under the hood anyway. It starts recording when the engine starts and even locks the video if there is a sudden stop like in an accident. I really don't understand why more companies don't make cams for under the hood. I really think this is a better idea.
I have heard that if you are at fault in an accident, the other party can subpoena the video if they know you have a camera. I like the fact that mine will be somewhat invisible to others.
Hello, thank you for your comment, we install our UGD621 behind the rear view mirror so it's out of view and place the rear cam on the back top of the rear window inside. Any install on the outside of the vehicle unless it's waterproof will make it fail pretty quickly. All of our exterior cams our waterproof on our LX2000s Dashcams. We feel the cam will be damaged and the SD card damaged by any impact if it's outside the vehicle rendering recovery of the data near impossible. Good luck with your Dashcam endeavor. Have a great day!!!

·
Registered
298 Posts
Any install on the outside of the vehicle unless it's waterproof will make it fail pretty quickly.
This is the reason I bought a Waterproof cam designed for a motorcycle. I now see you are a manufacturer or vendor of dash cams. You should look into an exterior dash cam for automobiles. I think there is a market for it.

·
Vendor
Pathfinder 2017-2019
22 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thank you for your comment we are always looking to improve our Dashcams with input from customers like you. Have a great day!!

1 - 5 of 5 Posts