Nissan Pathfinder Forum banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
62 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I noticed this last night and found it a bit odd. I have to admit for as expensive as this vehicle is I'm finding a lot of random inconsistencies and problems with the build, things that aren't aligned, damaged from the factory or missing entirely. I love the vehicle it but it's a bit frustrating.

Anyways, only my front cupholder has this little rubber grip mat that appears to be very attached. (pic) perhaps only one is supposed to have it (for what reason is beyond me)

Attachments

·
Registered
440 Posts
Should be in both. They are usually only held down by being perfectly shaped (and thus have an air seal) and maybe a tiny dab of glue.

I've lost at least one in nearly every car I've owned, every time due to getting sucked up by a car wash vacuum (and once by me with a shop vac).

·
Registered
62 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Should be in both. They are usually only held down by being perfectly shaped (and thus have an air seal) and maybe a tiny dab of glue.

I've lost at least one in nearly every car I've owned, every time due to getting sucked up by a car wash vacuum (and once by me with a shop vac).
Awesome, thanks for the input. I wonder if it's something that they can order independent of the cup holder assembly itself. I would like to have it there but I fear more harm in them tearing apart the console than just ignoring it's absence it's not really necessary and probably a double sided thing, potential to get liquid underneath and mold/etc but also helps to keep whatever is there from slipping around. I'm torn. I had a bad experience with my last new vehicle where they had to tear apart the console within a week of purchasing it and it was never the same after that, weird rattles, scratches etc and the service manager refused to do anything about it.

·
Registered
1,259 Posts
If it can't be ordered individually you can always check eBay or some auto parts stores to see if they have anything like it that you can use to replace it.

·
Registered
1,206 Posts
I find it easier to clean the cup holder without it anyways.

becareful when vacuuming :p

·
Registered
62 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I find it easier to clean the cup holder without it anyways.

becareful when vacuuming :p
Yeah, It's just a lot of things piling up that you notice after buying a brand new vehicle. Quality control is pretty poor.

·
Registered
13 Posts
What about the leather seat? Seems shows more wear and tear than the other vehicle I've own. Ex: I have an 07 Infinti FX 35 with 54k miles and the leather still in great conditions. Yet my Pathfinder has 1500 miles shown more wear and tear! Or maybe I'm just being picky. It's been few years since I bought a new car I guess I have a very high expectations especially when you spent 40k for the vehicle. One thing I can tell you about this car it drives way better than Infiniti. Loving it everyday I'm glad I choose 14 4WD platinum with premium package.

·
Registered
44 Posts
I noticed this last night and found it a bit odd. I have to admit for as expensive as this vehicle is I'm finding a lot of random inconsistencies and problems with the build, things that aren't aligned, damaged from the factory or missing entirely. I love the vehicle it but it's a bit frustrating.

Anyways, only my front cupholder has this little rubber grip mat that appears to be very attached. (pic) perhaps only one is supposed to have it (for what reason is beyond me)
i picked up a 2014 and it was missing one too, maybe that is how they are, when i traded in my 13 for the 14 , i noticed it and i took the one off the 13 and put on the 14...

·
Registered
440 Posts
What about the leather seat? Seems shows more wear and tear than the other vehicle I've own.
Can't speak for the leather, but the cloth is definitely cheaper (look and feel) and less durable than any car we've ever owned.

·
Registered
13 Posts
I guess shouldn't worry about it!

·
Registered
62 Posts

Thank goodness mine has two. I don't have to jump off a tall building.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts