Nissan Pathfinder Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I understand that the PF premium can playback Divx video files on a USB key. Could someone tell me the correct settings to use in creating a divx file that is supported? What is the native resolution of the video screens? Any program you can recommend to do the conversion?

Thanks.

·
Registered
120 Posts
Your USB need to be in FAT format and the nissan player will support DivX3,DivX4,DivX5,DivX6.
Max resolution is like formats for the original xBox, 720x480; the min is 32x32.

I just got wreck it ralph for my son and he loves it.. been playing it for the 20th time.. :)

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Made some progress and finally created a few files that plays back fine. However, I am apparently running up against a file size limit. When I take a movie and convert a small clip (.avi file about 100Megs), it plays fine. I tested various bitrates up to 4000, and they all seem to play fine. However, when I convert the whole movie, the system reports an unplayable file. The file size of the full movie is about 2.8GB.

What are the largest file sizes you are able to play? Thanks.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Finally got some acceptable results. I am posting my findings in the event that it may be of use to someone:

I used the free Video To Video application to do the conversion: VideoToVideo

These are the settings that worked for me and gave me acceptable picture quality while coming in under 2GB for movies under 2 hours:

1. Select the AVI Profile
2. Under Quality, select Custom
3. Under Video options, make these changes:
Video Codec: divx
Video Size: 720x480
Video Aspect: Keep Original
Video Bitrate: 2000
Video Framerate: Auto
3. Under Audio Options, make these changes if needed:
Audio Codec: mp3
Audio Bitrate: 128
Audio Samplerate: 44100
Audio Channel: 2 Stereo

That should be it. I used these settings to convert a number of MKV files and they played perfectly. Hope that helps.

·
Registered
120 Posts
forget about playable size. I doubt you can copy the 2.8Gb file to the usb if its in FAT format. The max file size is 2Gb for FAT formats.

A work around is to compress it to a smaller file then reconvert to your final size. This would loose some quality, but it will get it to a respectable size

·
Registered
13 Posts
If you want to save bigger file size, format the USB as FAT32. The Pathy will read FAT32. I am using a program called "GiliSoft Video Converter 7" and was able to convert and play DivX from it without any problem. I found the best video bit-rate is 1500kbps.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Skips ahead.

I finally found the right settings with a PC program to get the files to even show up, so I thought I was home free. I put around 30GB of videos on a 64GB stick, and they all show up in the menu, and I can select any of them. However, some weird playback issue occurs such that each full-length movie finishes in around 3 and half minutes. It plays at regular speed, but it seems to jump around sporadically. Also, I haven't been able to have one child watching the USB, and the other watching a DVD. Has anyone else experienced this? Thanks.

We have a 2013 Pathfinder Platinum Plus, by the way.

·
Registered
18 Posts
Finally got some acceptable results. I am posting my findings in the event that it may be of use to someone:

I used the free Video To Video application to do the conversion: VideoToVideo

These are the settings that worked for me and gave me acceptable picture quality while coming in under 2GB for movies under 2 hours:

1. Select the AVI Profile
2. Under Quality, select Custom
3. Under Video options, make these changes:
Video Codec: divx
Video Size: 720x480
Video Aspect: Keep Original
Video Bitrate: 2000
Video Framerate: Auto
3. Under Audio Options, make these changes if needed:
Audio Codec: mp3
Audio Bitrate: 128
Audio Samplerate: 44100
Audio Channel: 2 Stereo

That should be it. I used these settings to convert a number of MKV files and they played perfectly. Hope that helps.
I did that but it would only play for 5 min then it says cannot play file.

Any help would be appreciated...Also I was using a mac to convert the files...Do you think a PC would be better..

·
Registered
18 Posts
Guys I got this off amazon and now I can play my movies right from my phone. I highly recommend this.

Here is the link:

Attachments

1 - 13 of 13 Posts