Nissan Pathfinder Forum banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Anyone know how I can disable the power lift gate on the Platinum Premium so that it cannot be opened by the fob? I installed a four bike platform style, hitch mounted bike rack, and I would like to ensure that I don't accidentally open the lift gate while the rack is in the folded up position. There is a switch on the instrument panel, but that only disables the switch on the power lift gate.

Any help is appreciated. Thanks.

·
Registered
198 Posts
I looked into this awhile ago as well. I also have a bike rack and worried I might accidentally open it from the FOB. As far as I know, you cannot disable it.

·
Registered
40 Posts
I'm pretty sure if you turn it off in the instrument panel the power lift gate no longer opens on it's own from the fob.

·
Registered
198 Posts
I'm pretty sure if you turn it off in the instrument panel the power lift gate no longer opens on it's own from the fob.
According to the manual, you are still able to operate the keyfob even if the main switch is OFF (page 3-26). It only disables the switch on the liftgate.

·
Registered
113 Posts
According to the manual, you are still able to operate the keyfob even if the main switch is OFF (page 3-26). It only disables the switch on the liftgate.

Correct. There is no "lock" for the key fob.. I'll do some research and see if I can get you an answer on how to just disable the fob.. I believe the only way though you will be able to do is get a fob for one without the liftgate feature..

·
Registered
40 Posts
Yes... you can still use the Fob and the liftgate unlocks, but it will not power lift. So yes, the fob still works, but you need to lift the hatch by hand.

·
Registered
1,206 Posts
So basically you can disable the POWER lift gate.

·
Registered
198 Posts
Yes... you can still use the Fob and the liftgate unlocks, but it will not power lift. So yes, the fob still works, but you need to lift the hatch by hand.
I just confirmed that the liftgate will still power lift using the fob, even with the main switch off. If you press the request switch on the liftgate, it will unlock so you can manually lift it. If you do nothing, it will automatically lock again after about 2 seconds.

·
Registered
1 Posts
Anyone know how I can disable the power lift gate on the Platinum Premium so that it cannot be opened by the fob? I installed a four bike platform style, hitch mounted bike rack, and I would like to ensure that I don't accidentally open the lift gate while the rack is in the folded up position. There is a switch on the instrument panel, but that only disables the switch on the power lift gate.

Any help is appreciated. Thanks.

I stumbled here while I was inquiring about the EXACT problem I had that you obviously would like to occur. After I had my torque converter replaced and the computer reprogramed, my lift gate would not open using the keyfob or the outside switch. However it worked fine when activated using the inside button. The end result was it was a programming issue where it had been "turned off". Needless to say I figured if you use your bike rack often having this function turned off, might not be a bad idea.The lift gate continued to work when using the inside button just not with keyfob and outside button (on lift gate itself). Hope this helps.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts