Nissan Pathfinder Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have to say that the 2018 Pathfinder dipstick setup is the worst that I've ever seen in 30 years of owning vehicles. The "guide" is perfect for accumulating debris that can then go into the dipstick tube once you pull out the dipstick. Also, you can barely see the tube opening itself which is probably why the guide is there in the first place. Would've been a LOT easier to simply extend the tube upwards in order to avoid the need for a guide. Also, I had to bend the dipstick slightly so that it's more curved and glides more smoothly into the tube; otherwise, oil gets wiped all over and makes it more difficult to read the actual level.

Anyone aware of any aftermarket, "cable-type" dipsticks? Or another solution? Are all 2013+ PF set up like this?

·
Registered
5 Posts
I totally agree with you GD. I had to get a flashlight to see the dipstick guide. I was expecting to see a tube. Hope the guide doesn't attract dirt.

·
Registered
214 Posts
2nd that. I bought my 2017 SV used. I pulled the dipstick to look at the oil and had no idea where to replace it. The current owner also did not know. I pulled it out so I knew it had to be somewhere down there but geez, they did not make that easy.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts