Nissan Pathfinder Forum banner
1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
1,259 Posts
Did make some adjustments to these pictures in photoshop because desert sand looks to be more vibrant that i expected it to in these pictures.

·
Registered
1,259 Posts
I can't edit the 1st post

The Nissan Website Page:

Here's my PF(SL), unedited (Except: crop/face pixel)

just seeing the difference of the tone desert sand is in from the configurator and in real life pictures just goes to show, you really need to see colors in person to see what they are really like.

·
Registered
440 Posts
Two things I think is odd about Pathfinder colors:

1) When I was looking in May of this year, multiple dealer web sites showed Pathfinders in an "artic blue" that appeared to be more of a sky blue. The explanation was that another Nissan model used that lighter blue and also called it artic blue, and who ever did the graphics screwed things up.

2) In current (August 2013) TV ads, you see the Pathfinder as well as other Nissan models in a very bright red, which is not available! Once again, I assume some marketing person went to the trouble to photoshop the color in versus using the true available colors.

For both cases, does not sit well with the customer when you walk in the door and find the web page and/or TV ads used the wrong or unavailable colors.

·
Registered
215 Posts
Two things I think is odd about Pathfinder colors:

1) When I was looking in May of this year, multiple dealer web sites showed Pathfinders in an "artic blue" that appeared to be more of a sky blue. The explanation was that another Nissan model used that lighter blue and also called it artic blue, and who ever did the graphics screwed things up.

2) In current (August 2013) TV ads, you see the Pathfinder as well as other Nissan models in a very bright red, which is not available! Once again, I assume some marketing person went to the trouble to photoshop the color in versus using the true available colors.

For both cases, does not sit well with the customer when you walk in the door and find the web page and/or TV ads used the wrong or unavailable colors.
You should do some more research as you have no idea what you are talking about. Click the link.

2014 Nissan Pathfinder SUV Photos | Nissan USA

·
Registered
440 Posts
You should do some more research as you have no idea what you are talking about. Click the link.

2014 Nissan Pathfinder SUV Photos | Nissan USA
Here is your research. The light blue Pathfinder is from a local dealer's website, and the dark blue is from Nissan. The screen capture of the red pathfinder is from the Nissan TV ad, the other two red photos are from the Nissan site and from a dealer's web site.

You may argue that the red color in the TV ads are the same as what is available on the actual Pathfinder, but the color on TV seems to be quite lighter than the real color. And here's the proof that someone at Nissan (or their ad agency) generated a very light artic blue metallic Pathfinder.

Seems like I know what I am talking about after all.

·
Registered
74 Posts
Here is your research. The light blue Pathfinder is from a local dealer's website, and the dark blue is from Nissan. The screen capture of the red pathfinder is from the Nissan TV ad, the other two red photos are from the Nissan site and from a dealer's web site.

You may argue that the red color in the TV ads are the same as what is available on the actual Pathfinder, but the color on TV seems to be quite lighter than the real color. And here's the proof that someone at Nissan (or their ad agency) generated a very light artic blue metallic Pathfinder.

Seems like I know what I am talking about after all.
I agree with you 100%. on the color issue, just a "make it look pretty" thing. the colors are actually quite duller, and from what I've noticed on ALOT of different ones is the 'orange peel' in the paint is terrible....

·
Administrator
2013 Pathfinder SL, Connecticut, USA
4,766 Posts
Let's get back on track people...

You guys hijacked my thread...:eek:
You're so right! And now back to regular programming....

I was going to say when I saw the title of your post, that there's a reason why this was the only color that Nissan dropped for the 2014 model year. My wife and I find the color very unattractive. I'm not here to insult you, but just state a personal opinion that is apparently a popular one. If YOU like the color, that's all that really matters.

·
Registered
64 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
My original color of choice is red or the arctic blue but that desert tan is the only one with discount price, t'was a display unit. No regret for us, me and my wife like the color. :)

·
Registered
11 Posts
My dream was to buy a car. What you say about this Nissan. I like pictures of it but I want to know more. I think that black will be better.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts