Nissan Pathfinder Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
2022 Nissan Pathfinder (SL) FWD
219 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So, unfortunately my PF did not to have the factory blacked-out badges on the rear hatch when I got it. I called around local dealers and the average quote was $300-$500. Some wouldn't even touch it. I opted to go down the DIY route. Badges cost me around $55+tax (ordered online).

Before:
Car Automotive tail & brake light Vehicle Automotive lighting Automotive tire

After:
Automotive parking light Automotive tail & brake light Car Vehicle Cloud

In case anyone is interested in doing this, it's about a one to two hour job (if you take your time). YouTube has a lot of good resources on how to de-badge a vehicle.

Parts/Supplies:
Badges (PATHFINDER+SL) Part Number: T99G8-6TA4B (for SL) - $55
Painters tape - $7
Goo Gone (automotive spray) - $7
Rubber eraser wheel with drill adapter - $12

I started with the SL badge and worked my way up...

Automotive lighting World Nature Font Material property

Car Grille Vehicle Automotive lighting Hood

Tip - Although the rubber eraser wheel (with a drill) makes quick work of removing the adhesive, make sure you don't stay in the same spot for too long. Also, careful as you work your way to the center of the hatch as there doesn't seem to be a lot of support there. You can feel the metal flex as you apply even slight pressure.

Good luck!

·
Registered
19 Posts
So, unfortunately my PF did not to have the factory blacked-out badges on the rear hatch when I got it. I called around local dealers and the average quote was $300-$500. Some wouldn't even touch it. I opted to go down the DIY route. Badges cost me around $55+tax (ordered online).

Before:
View attachment 17188

After:
View attachment 17187

In case anyone is interested in doing this, it's about a one to two hour job (if you take your time). YouTube has a lot of good resources on how to de-badge a vehicle.

Parts/Supplies:
Badges (PATHFINDER+SL) Part Number: T99G8-6TA4B (for SL) - $55
Painters tape - $7
Goo Gone (automotive spray) - $7
Rubber eraser wheel with drill adapter - $12

I started with the SL badge and worked my way up...

View attachment 17189

View attachment 17190

Tip - Although the rubber eraser wheel (with a drill) makes quick work of removing the adhesive, make sure you don't stay in the same spot for too long. Also, careful as you work your way to the center of the hatch as there doesn't seem to be a lot of support there. You can feel the metal flex as you apply even slight pressure.

Good luck!
Looks awesome! Great job installing it!

·
Registered
2022 Nissan Pathfinder (SL) FWD
219 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
I think you have to order it with the blacked out badges or luck out in finding a dealer that added it on as a dealer option after delivery.

Looking forward to seeing pics of the delete once finished. :cool:

1 - 10 of 10 Posts