Nissan Pathfinder Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Purchased a new SV model Pathfinder about 3 weeks ago, pretty happy with the vehicle and I did a lot of comparison shopping between dealerships beforehand. I believe I got a really good deal, mostly because the Pathfinder I was inerested in had about 700 km on it, I was told it was driven in from another dealership in the province. With that being said I negotiated all weather mats and a remote starter to be thrown in , they called it a "Conquest Deal" whatever that means... I made sure the paperwork included these addons before signing. I had to wait for the remote starter to come in, and just got it installed last Fri while getting a "complimentary" 1000km service. To my surprise the remote starter is a CLIFFORD aftermarket!!!! I immediately asked to speak with the manager and expressed WTF!!!! He tells me it cost him $495 incl labour to get it installed... I told him the oem would have been cheaper and I wouldnt need to carry 2 fobs, why would they install aftermarket when I purchased it from NISSAN?!! The saleman that sold it to me came on the phone and says he told me the fob would be different... I laughed and said every fob that has a remote starter would be different, that doesn't mean you can just install an aftermarket, this didnt make sense to me unless they saved money.... Speaking with the manager I expressed I either want the Nissan OEM starter or $250 in accessory credits. Still waiting to hear back from the manager,he says he needs to look at the deal paperwork before he can do anything, what would you guys do? if he refuses, who should I speak with? can Nissan Canada do anything?

·
Registered
151 Posts
I would be highly displeased as well. While I'm not positive if Nissan can or will do anything, I would certainly give Nissan Consumer Affairs a call and try to open a case on the issue. The worst they can do is tell you there's nothing they can do about it. I can't imagine they would approve of a dealership installing non-nissan parts on new vehicles.

·
Registered
1,206 Posts
Wow.. I would be pissed off too..

That is not acceptable.

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Great news! The manager agreed to switch the remote starter to oem, he quoted the "customer comes first" and he to would expect the Nissan OEM starter. I just went and had the install done. It took less than an hour and they made sure all the wiring that was split was taken care of. I am impressed, I believe the salesman was trying to save a buck but ended up costing double. The manager couldn't believe the OEM remote starter was that much cheaper, but I figure they save on the antenna, they also get 2 fobs back in return which if anyone has ever had to buy from the dealership is quite a bit of $$. Overall, I am happy with the service I recieved from the dealership and manager and would reccomend dealing with the manager directly if you are unsatisfied with your purchase for any reason. If anyone in the Vancouver, Lower Mainland area is thinking of buying throw me a pm. I will be happy to give you the bottomline price and contacts. Cheers :)

·
Registered
35 Posts
Great news! The manager agreed to switch the remote starter to oem, he quoted the "customer comes first" and he to would expect the Nissan OEM starter. I just went and had the install done. It took less than an hour and they made sure all the wiring that was split was taken care of. I am impressed, I believe the salesman was trying to save a buck but ended up costing double. The manager couldn't believe the OEM remote starter was that much cheaper, but I figure they save on the antenna, they also get 2 fobs back in return which if anyone has ever had to buy from the dealership is quite a bit of $$. Overall, I am happy with the service I recieved from the dealership and manager and would reccomend dealing with the manager directly if you are unsatisfied with your purchase for any reason. If anyone in the Vancouver, Lower Mainland area is thinking of buying throw me a pm. I will be happy to give you the bottomline price and contacts. Cheers :)
Hey Kally,
Which dealership did you go to? There's a couple of parts missing on my 2013 Pathfinder and I haven't been able to get any satisfaction yet. I'm going to take your advice and take it up with the manager.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts