Nissan Pathfinder Forum banner
1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
what do you think?

Base platinum 13 black on black. basically base meaning it only has Nav and heated/cooled seats. no dvd, moonroof, etc.

said he can get it down to 35,900 and we didnt even start barganing. i think i can get him at or below 35. not bad for a Platinum i think

Also the Pilot is growing on me but im curious what people think of it. The only thing that scares me is that its completely getting redone in 14.

Thoughts?

·
Premium Member
1,066 Posts
what do you think?

Base platinum 13 black on black. basically base meaning it only has Nav and heated/cooled seats. no dvd, moonroof, etc.

said he can get it down to 35,900 and we didnt even start barganing. i think i can get him at or below 35. not bad for a Platinum i think
Not bad, considering sticker is right at $40K. Though I think you're right, if he could drop that quickly, he's got more room to play. I'd counter with $34K.

Also the Pilot is growing on me but im curious what people think of it. The only thing that scares me is that its completely getting redone in 14.

Thoughts?
I've owned two now - a 2005 and a 2010. Both were gas hogs. Both had rather craptastic interiors. The 2010 rode rough and got tiresome after awhile. But they were both VERY reliable.

If gas mileage is important to you, take the window sticker EPA estimates and subtract 2 MPG from each figure, as that's what you'll get.

You can read more of my thoughts on the Pilot versus PF here:

http://www.pathfindertalk.com/forum...ring-2013-pathfinder-my-2010-honda-pilot.html

·
Registered
13 Posts
Sounds pretty good to me. I got ours for $39700 from the $43145 MSRP. The dealer also had another $500 in add ons like "desert protection package" and locking lug nuts. I think I could've talked them down a bit more, but we drove almost 200 miles to get this car. It was the only Platinum Premium Cayenne Red with Charcoal interior in the state of California (as of early January).

·
Registered
13 Posts
Almost forgot, the prices seem to be already going up...using Nissan's online configurator I priced my car which had an MSRP of $43145, now the MSRP is $400 more.

Window sticker on my car: Base MSRP $39170, Destination charges $825
Online Configurator: Base MSRP $39550, Destination charges $845

When looking for the right package/color combo, I spoke to a sales manager in the San Diego area who said Nissan will typically introduce a vehicle at lower prices to generate demand then raise prices as demand increases.

·
Registered
1,206 Posts
Did you end up buying it? It's a good price.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
no we said all along march was our timeframe for 2 reasons.

1. im going for another job for more $$. will know by feb if i get it and dont want to commit to a new car until i know

2. i read online from a bunch of sources that nissans end of fiscal year is march and they throw extra rebates on top of what dealer can offer so i think i can get it under 35k for the platinum.

ill keep you posted. plus i still have my eye on a pilot

·
Registered
112 Posts
no we said all along march was our timeframe for 2 reasons.

1. im going for another job for more $$. will know by feb if i get it and dont want to commit to a new car until i know

2. i read online from a bunch of sources that nissans end of fiscal year is march and they throw extra rebates on top of what dealer can offer so i think i can get it under 35k for the platinum.

ill keep you posted. plus i still have my eye on a pilot
I didn't know nissans end of fiscal year is march, totally worth waiting for.

·
Registered
34 Posts
I just purchased an SL 4x4 for $33,700.

I emailed every dealer within a 300 mile radius and asked for their best deal and then told the dealer that he could either beat it or I was going to buy it somewhere else. Once the dealing started they were cutting each other at the knees in $50/$100 increments. Be sure to get every offer in writing, you don't want them coming back and saying they never made that offer.

Should be here today, they didn't have one in red, had it delivered from Bentonville, AR.

·
Registered
28 Posts
I just purchased an SL 4x4 for $33,700.

I emailed every dealer within a 300 mile radius and asked for their best deal and then told the dealer that he could either beat it or I was going to buy it somewhere else. Once the dealing started they were cutting each other at the knees in $50/$100 increments. Be sure to get every offer in writing, you don't want them coming back and saying they never made that offer.

Should be here today, they didn't have one in red, had it delivered from Bentonville, AR.
Good bargaining skills!

$33 700 is amazing compared to the original Nissan Pathfinder SL price of $34 850 as listed on their website.

When you do go to take delivery of it, remember to do a full inspection of it just to make sure there's nothing out of the ordinary.

·
Registered
34 Posts
I take delivery today, it's here now, just can't get over there for another couple of hours.

I forget the exact sticker price it had, but I know they came down in the ball park of $4k, I believe it was listed for almost $38k. It shouldn't surprise most of you that the sticker on these at the dealer really isn't all that close to what nissanusa.com lists. I believe my model lists for nearly $37k online but that doesn't include destination, and in some cases, even floormats.

I kinda think I could have gotten another couple of hundred off, but they gave me a screaming deal on my trade-in (which was the epitome of rough shape) so I was happy with the way it turned out.

·
Registered
28 Posts
I take delivery today, it's here now, just can't get over there for another couple of hours.

I forget the exact sticker price it had, but I know they came down in the ball park of $4k, I believe it was listed for almost $38k. It shouldn't surprise most of you that the sticker on these at the dealer really isn't all that close to what nissanusa.com lists. I believe my model lists for nearly $37k online but that doesn't include destination, and in some cases, even floormats.

I kinda think I could have gotten another couple of hundred off, but they gave me a screaming deal on my trade-in (which was the epitome of rough shape) so I was happy with the way it turned out.
$4k is a lot, thats basically a downpayment on a car!

I always check dealership pricing from dealer to dealer. From previous experience I noticed that dealers price vehicles differently, usually marking up vehicles, trying to get every dime they can from it.

Months ago I recall curiously looking at the Subaru BRZ even though i wasn't interested in them, only to find ridiculous mark up's by some Subaru dealerships. Some as high as $5 000 over MSRP.

What vehicle did you trade in? I'd like to see a picture of how rough it was!

·
Registered
34 Posts
LOL, if it was worth picturing I would be glad to show it to you. It was a 2007 Chevrolet Trailblazer. My wife hated it, and after spending $1,800 fixing it 3 months ago, it broke again about a week ago. It cost me roughly $4k in repairs over the last year and all of this with only 80k on the clock. So I decided thats it, and after not having a car payment since 2007, now I have a new 2013 Pathfinder. Or, my wife has a new 2013 Pathfinder and I am paying for it. Depends on how you look at it I guess!

Trust me, it was rough.

·
Registered
120 Posts
I just picked up my pathfinder this weekend...

I was offered the 2013 Pathfinder Platinum Primium 4WD for 42,000 + 3,400TAX + 272.50Fees
This includes Cross bar, bumper guard, kick plates, slash guard, floormats and cargo cover. (This is in NY)

MSRP: 45,000
Invoice: 41,700

·
Registered
10 Posts
I got a Platinum (no premium) 4WD for $40450 from a dealer in San Diego, but I noticed that others are getting the platinum premium for less than that. Use truecar.com to get some good deals. I should have researched further, but I fell in love on Christmas Eve.

·
Registered
14 Posts
Hi all,

We just picked up our new Pathfinder Platinum (no premium) on Wednesday. Super Black with splash guards, lighted kick plates, premium floor mats with mat in the back, bug shield, bumper protector. Price before the add on's was 36,800. Felt like we got a good deal.

Really enjoy the forum and all the comments. Great information shared by all.

·
Registered
11 Posts
Hello Everyone,

Nice little way for everyone to brag a little. Just picked out our SL 4X4 with a couple acc. but nothing crazy. Finally made a deal at $33,344. First night for the new Path to be sitting in the garage. It really makes me just wanna go out and sit in it.

·
Registered
34 Posts
Hello Everyone,

Nice little way for everyone to brag a little. Just picked out our SL 4X4 with a couple acc. but nothing crazy. Finally made a deal at $33,344. First night for the new Path to be sitting in the garage. It really makes me just wanna go out and sit in it.

Nice deal!

·
Registered
33 Posts
Hi everyone,

I just jumped on the Pathfinder bandwagon and agreed on a purchase for a Platinum Premium w/everything for 40,400. According to truecar, its a good price and I can't wait to take delivery.

1 - 20 of 22 Posts