Nissan Pathfinder Forum banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a Canadian model 2015 pathfinder equipped with daytime running lights / fog lights and both work as fog lights when Low beams are on and fog light switch on. When you turn on the car with no headlamps on both fog lights used to function as DTRL however the passenger side is now out. Ive checked the bulb ( replaced and swapped) and checked the fuse (even though I assume if it was blown both lights would be out) and they are good. Any idea where I should look next? Thanks.

Psy

·
Super Moderator
2015 Pathfinder SL - Tech 4WD
2,788 Posts
Welcome to the forum.

Using a multimeter, check if there is power on the lightbulb socket terminals... or make sure the new lightbulb is good by testing it on the other side.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Welcome to the forum.

Using a multimeter, check if there is power on the lightbulb socket terminals... or make sure the new lightbulb is good by testing it on the other side.
With respect, as stated I have already tried swapping bulbs and replacing with new to rule out the bulb.. plus the bulbs function normally as fog lamps in that socket so un less the terminals are used for different positive feeds with the bulb grounding in the plastic socket somehow the fault must be further up the line. I am familiar with use of a multimeter just wondering if someone has encountered something like this and could point me in some direction before trying to test the whole harness. Thanks for the reply none the less.

Psy

·
Super Moderator
2,788 Posts
You wrote "replaced and swapped" but it was not clear if you tested the bulb that didn't work, somewhere else.
As I believe you know, there are two bulbs in each fog light, one for the DRL's and one for the fog lights so yes, there are two positive feeds. If I were you, I'd verify that both are getting power before doing anything else.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Sry if it was not clear. I put in a new bulb in and when it didn't work either I swapped bulbs. SO out of 3 bulbs all work in the driver side and none work in the passenger as DTRLs. And no my Pathfinder only has one bulb per fog light. at least that's all I can see.... maybe I need to look harder?!?

Psy

·
Super Moderator
2,788 Posts
What trim is your PF?

For all except the S, there are two lightbulbs. If you replaced the H11, you replaced the wrong one.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
SL Canadian model. H11 are the bulbs I have been changing. I didnt see any other bulbs in there but Ill look again.

·
Registered
12 Posts
The smaller drl bulbs are in the high beam housing, not fog light housing.

Sent from my SM-N960W using Tapatalk

·
Registered
4 Posts
I have a Canadian model 2015 pathfinder equipped with daytime running lights / fog lights and both work as fog lights when Low beams are on and fog light switch on. When you turn on the car with no headlamps on both fog lights used to function as DTRL however the passenger side is now out. Ive checked the bulb ( replaced and swapped) and checked the fuse (even though I assume if it was blown both lights would be out) and they are good. Any idea where I should look next? Thanks.

Psy
Hi. I have a Canadian model 2013, and have the exact same issue. I thought it was the fog light bulb H11, but I replaced it and it works fine as a fog light, but when the headlamps are off and the fog lights should then function as DTRL, then the passenger side remains out, while the driver side works fine. Did you ever find a solution ? I notice someone mentioned a second bulb in the housing, but I only say 1 bulb per side. Help.

Eddy

·
Registered
2,451 Posts
My 2014 SL has two bulbs per light. The driver side DRL is almost impossible to change unless you are anorexic.

·
Super Moderator
2,788 Posts
I notice someone mentioned a second bulb in the housing, but I only say 1 bulb per side. Help.

Eddy
That someone would be me.
There are two lightbulbs, put the car on ramps and remove the plastic inner fender enough so you have proper access.

·
Super Moderator
2,788 Posts
If you look at the fog light closely, maybe using a flashlight, you should see the two lightbulbs inside of it. No other way to see those without doing what I described before.
They are both at the back, I remember one was a pain to change. I recall the lightbulb wouldn't rotate unless I first unplugged the connector.

·
Registered
4 Posts
If you look at the fog light closely, maybe using a flashlight, you should see the two lightbulbs inside of it. No other way to see those without doing what I described before.
They are both at the back, I remember one was a pain to change. I recall the lightbulb wouldn't rotate unless I first unplugged the connector.
OK thanks, I will open things up and have a look.

·
Registered
2019 Nissan Pathfinder Platinum
76 Posts
The PS19W (made by Phillips I believe) is the daytime running light in the Canadian model. I have replaced them in my 2013 in the past with no issues.

I got to them from the wheel area, and removing the under fender plastic cover a bit, it was much easier to reach straight on to the back of the fog light area (as mentioned already)

Good luck!

·
Registered
4 Posts
Thank all for the feedback and information. I was very surprised to find 2 bulbs in the same housing, but that's Nissan for you. In any case I removed a couple of screws on the side wheel well cover and also underneath and was able to squeeze my arm in. The PS19W DTRL bulb was located toward to top part of the fog light housing, and was tricky to re-insert once I replaced the bulb, but I managed to get it done. All good now, until the next Nissan component fails on me. The last big issue was the seat warmer on the drivers seat failed, but I just purchased a heated seat cushion which plugs into the cigarette litter, issue resolved.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts