Nissan Pathfinder Forum banner

Dash lights are out but everything is working.

7K views 8 replies 3 participants last post by  ultane 
#1 ·
Took our 2014 in for a detailing. Looks BEAUTIFUL. The lights were working perfectly when we took it in, and it's sheltered workshop that does the work.

Dash lights are suddenly not functioning at all. Including the turn signal indicators.
We've checked every fuse. All are good. All exterior lights are working, running lights, blinkers, brake lights, headlights, fog lights, all good.

Time to pull the dash apart? (Trembling in trepidation, as we're getting it ready to sell)

If all the lights went out together, I assume it has to be a connection issue, or a fuse. Since we've eliminated the fuses as a possibility, evidently it's a connection issue, or something they use to clean got in somewhere and shorted out the panel?

Opinions?

#3 ·
Took our 2014 in for a detailing. Looks BEAUTIFUL. The lights were working perfectly when we took it in, and it's sheltered workshop that does the work.

Dash lights are suddenly not functioning at all. Including the turn signal indicators.
We've checked every fuse. All are good. All exterior lights are working, running lights, blinkers, brake lights, headlights, fog lights, all good.

Time to pull the dash apart? (Trembling in trepidation, as we're getting it ready to sell)

If all the lights went out together, I assume it has to be a connection issue, or a fuse. Since we've eliminated the fuses as a possibility, evidently it's a connection issue, or something they use to clean got in somewhere and shorted out the panel?

Opinions?
Sounds to me like the push buttons for the dash light intensity (upper left above the tachometer) may have been affected. I would try adjusting them first but it could be they got wet when cleaning in that area. You might try some CRC electronic cleaner spray or WD40, they are good for getting moisture out. Spray underneath the switches where the contacts would be. Barring that there may be a key ground wire or power wire pulled loose when cleaning aor vacuuming under the dash. Get a flashlite and look around under the dash real closely. I would pull the dash apart as a LAST resort. You could end up creating a bigger problem. Good Luck !

#6 ·
Well that ain't good. This could be a random set of failures but I've gotta believe its a result of the detailing. You might try opening the doors and blowing a hair dryer under the dash to help dry out under there. I've never tried it, and it may be a waste of time, but you never know. I think I would disconnect the battery while doing it also, a good reset when you hook it back up might help.
Good luck again !

#8 ·
Have you talked to the detailed to see if any chemicals were used that could have invaded ANY electrical connections?

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk Pro
Not yet. I have a couple of other things blowing up in my life, but I'm going to call them today to ask what chemicals they use, what processes they employ. They're a sheltered workshop, so I'm not sure how much help I"m going to get.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.