Nissan Pathfinder Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
2015 Pathfinder SV
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
2015 PF with 55k miles on it. Brought from a used sales lot, non dealerships related. Had it for 3 years and put 25k miles on it.

Got COVID, rested for 2 weeks, PF was stationary.first day back at work, it starts to shudder. And since then it has consistently shudder between 10mph-20mph.
Now my question: How much would it cost to replace the whole transmission? Valve body?

the used car lot said to take it to a Nissan dealership. So I’m bracing to pay for all of this. So any advice, previous experience would be helpful. I’m taking the truck in a few days.

·
Super Moderator
2013 Pathfinder SL, Connecticut, USA
4,482 Posts
Have you ruled out water in the gas or clogged line? I'd suspect something developing from it sitting so long first.

·
Registered
2019 Nissan Pathfinder SV 4x4
766 Posts
How many miles total on this 2015? Are you still under the 5yr/60K miles powertrain warranty? It doesn't matter how many owners the vehicle had for that. Even if you are out of warranty, you may be able to get Nissan to good will most of the cost.

EDIT, I forgot it's 2021, so it's unlikely you are still under the standard powertrain warranty unless the vehicle was bought new in 2016.

·
Registered
2015 Pathfinder SV
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Nope. Just got a call back. Need a new transmission. Gotta pay out of pocket. Don’t know what my next step is going to be.
i owe a few thousand on it. So might just trade it in. Charging me 4400 to fix it. Not sure if it’s worth it to fix it.

·
Registered
766 Posts
You could try calling and opening a case with Nissan to see if they'll goodwill a portion of it. Many times they will. Tell them you've always been happy with Nissan products and services, they've always been good to you, etc, etc..

Short of that, I'd personally find a deal I could live with and trade it in. Keep us posted.

·
Registered
2015 Pathfinder SV
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I have gone to 3 different shops. 2 were charging 4500-5k to r&r transmission. One shop was charging 5k to rebuild and 7-8k to put a new transmission. Yeah, not going down that route just yet. I’ve gone to a few dealerships but none are willing to offer a price until I apply for financing lol.

since I just refinanced the pathfinder, I have to call the finance company to see if they would even allow me to trade it in while my refinance is being processed 🤦🏻‍♂️🤦🏻‍♂️🤦🏻‍♂️🤦🏻‍♂️.
The year has just started and I don’t like it lol.
Will keep you guys posted.(Thinking of going with a 2018-2020 Chevy Traverse or I might go with a 2020 Pathfinder, I know I know but $$$).

let me know your opinions on my next suv lol.

·
Super Moderator
2013 Pathfinder SL, Connecticut, USA
4,482 Posts
The Chevy Traverse has had it's own set of problems. One suggestion would be to have a look at Consumer Reports customer satisfaction ratings.

·
Registered
766 Posts
I guess I'll ask one more time because I'm trying to offer help.

Why have you not tried opening a case with Nissan corporate to see if they'd be willing to goodwill a portion of the cost of the CVT replacement? Many owners have had luck in doing so. It's a case by case thing of course and it largely depends on your wording and actions.

·
Registered
2015 Pathfinder SV
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
I guess I'll ask one more time because I'm trying to offer help.

Why have you not tried opening a case with Nissan corporate to see if they'd be willing to goodwill a portion of the cost of the CVT replacement? Many owners have had luck in doing so. It's a case by case thing of course and it largely depends on your wording and actions.
I must’ve skipped over your comment. Thank you. I called and they open a casefile for me. I have to take it back to any dealership. So I’ll keep you post. Hoping they at least cover a small portion. I’m willing to pay 4K lol but I think the whole 5k is a little to much.
If this doesn’t work out, I’m going to trade it in for a 2020 4Runner. But I prefer to stay with my pathfinder as I only go 12 months before it’s paid off.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts