Nissan Pathfinder Forum banner
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
2019 Nissan Pathfinder SV 4x4
1,239 Posts
That's not a secure website. I'd beware..

·
Registered
85 Posts
Yes I received one as well. The above web site makes it clear the 5yr 60k is extended to 7yr 84k.

I am still considering the transmission service warranty.
I looked into cost and they quoted $100 plus fluid every 30k miles. Class 1 $4000 coverage.

So 180k miles will cost approx $500 over just doing the 4 qt dump and fill every 30k miles.

What do you think.
Ps my 2003 transmission barfed at 168k miles. 120 miles from home

·
Registered
1,239 Posts
So this supposedly covers 2015-2018 models for 7yrs/84K miles. 2015 was 7yrs ago so I'm assuming most 2015 owners will have a matter of months if not less worth of this warranty remaining if this thing is even real.

I wonder if there's a single Nissan shop out there that knows about this thing. I'm thinking not.

·
Registered
127 Posts
I received a postcard "Stringer v. Nissan NA" saying Nissan has extended the warranty on the CVT for an additional 2 years/24 months. Anyone else see this?
Stringer v. Nissan North America, Inc. (roguepathfinderqx60cvtsettlement.com)
Yah. got the postcard too but we're at 105k now anyway. Bought it with a lifetime drivetrain warranty. They already replaced it at about 90k so doesn't really benefit me. If it drops again, no problem, they'll just replace it again.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Yes I received one as well. The above web site makes it clear the 5yr 60k is extended to 7yr 84k.

I am still considering the transmission service warranty.
I looked into cost and they quoted $100 plus fluid every 30k miles. Class 1 $4000 coverage.

So 180k miles will cost approx $500 over just doing the 4 qt dump and fill every 30k miles.

What do you think.
Ps my 2003 transmission barfed at 168k miles. 120 miles from home
where do I find information about purchasing additional warranty protection?

·
Registered
394 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
where do I find information about purchasing additional warranty protection?
Geez, I get about 5 calls a week on this. :cautious:
What I did was go out to www.vpainfo.org and read up on warranties. It's supposed to be a non-bias comsumer site. I ended up going with Endurance for my warranty as it met my needs. Everyone is different.

·
Registered
1,239 Posts
..... I ended up going with Endurance for my warranty as it met my needs. Everyone is different.
Good to know.

Have you used it yet? Just curious how well it went.

The bride just exceeded 60K miles on our 2019 the other day. All out of warranty now.

Reactions: Phillybo

·
Registered
394 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
I have not and hope I won't need to. I work from home so I only have 40K miles on it. I have replaced the tires and will replace the rear brakes very soon but otherwise I've been pretty satisfied with my purchase.

·
Registered
5 Posts
With how expensive repairs are to vehicles these days, I always opt for the extended service plan - for as long as it's offered (by the manufacturer. I will not buy a 3rd party plan.)

·
Registered
394 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
With how expensive repairs are to vehicles these days, I always opt for the extended service plan - for as long as it's offered (by the manufacturer. I will not buy a 3rd party plan.)
You mean from the dealer at time of purchase? My wife bought a new Honda Accord and the dealer offered an extended warranty - which we opted for. It is a 3rd party policy and the dealer probably received a commission. I have not seen where the manufacturer offers an extended warranty. I could be wrong.

·
Registered
5 Posts
You mean from the dealer at time of purchase? My wife bought a new Honda Accord and the dealer offered an extended warranty - which we opted for. It is a 3rd party policy and the dealer probably received a commission. I have not seen where the manufacturer offers an extended warranty. I could be wrong.
I've been able to buy them AFTER the sale. It saved on the cost. I don't know if all manufacturers offer it later on, like this.

If that one for your Honda was sold to you by the dealer (even though 3rd party), it seems like there may be some de facto endorsement by them, and you should get good service from that dealer. 🤞

1 - 17 of 17 Posts