Nissan Pathfinder Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
After 1500 Miles- Blown headlight bulb (Not main bulb but the small park light bulb located in the main housing.

Passenger Airbag light does not disengage when no one is there and sometimes its off when someone light in weight is there.

Minor CVT shudder or Jerk every time I accelerate at 25-30mph.

AC controls sometimes change by themselves. Fans increase on their own sometimes.

I LOVE MY PATHFINDER!!!!

·
Registered
123 Posts
After 1500 Miles- Blown headlight bulb (Not main bulb but the small park light bulb located in the main housing.

Passenger Airbag light does not disengage when no one is there and sometimes its off when someone light in weight is there.

AC controls sometimes change by themselves. Fans increase on their own sometimes.

I LOVE MY PATHFINDER!!!!
Had the bad bulb also, dealer replaced. AUTO climate control does change speed and vents according to need. I wish we had control of the vents and speed without kicking it out of AUTO though.

·
Registered
234 Posts

I LOVE MY PATHFINDER!!!!
Re the airbag light, there is an open recall on this and your dealer will fix.

While the TCM reprogram fixed the major judder, I have a very slight hesitation in the 25-30 mph range that they still haven't fixed. It's not a judder anymore for me though. I hope they continue to work on this.

RE the A/C. If you are on AUTO, then the fan will increase and decrease automatically. It will also change which vents are blowing. It's trying to get to the temperature you set and it adjusts everything to do it.

·
Premium Member
1,066 Posts
Funny you should mention the parking light bulbs. Both of mine failed, but I just ran out to AutoZone and replaced them myself. It seems that Car & Driver's review model also had the same happen. Very odd, particularly for such a low wattage bulb.

·
Registered
82 Posts
Funny you should mention the parking light bulbs. Both of mine failed, but I just ran out to AutoZone and replaced them myself. It seems that Car & Driver's review model also had the same happen. Very odd, particularly for such a low wattage bulb.
I seen that review too, and they ended up going to the dealership to get the bulbs replaced free of charge. But depending on how far you are from the dealership, driving to them instead of an automotive parts store for the bulbs might not be worth it.

But just to put it out their, you guys don't need to pay for this, so if it makes sense, go to the dealer.

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Re the airbag light, there is an open recall on this and your dealer will fix.

While the TCM reprogram fixed the major judder, I have a very slight hesitation in the 25-30 mph range that they still haven't fixed. It's not a judder anymore for me though. I hope they continue to work on this.

RE the A/C. If you are on AUTO, then the fan will increase and decrease automatically. It will also change which vents are blowing. It's trying to get to the temperature you set and it adjusts everything to do it.
Thanks for the heads up on the AC. Maybe I overlooked the Auto control...

Waiting on my first service to schedule all the recalls.

As for the bulb well I find it weird that it more prevalent.

·
Registered
82 Posts
Thanks for the heads up on the AC. Maybe I overlooked the Auto control...

Waiting on my first service to schedule all the recalls.

As for the bulb well I find it weird that it more prevalent.
I just hope the bulb issue is taken care of on 2014 Pathfinders, might just be a wattage issue with the bulbs unless it could be something else causing them to blow.

Can anyone get the wattage rating off the factory bulb?

·
Premium Member
1,066 Posts
I just hope the bulb issue is taken care of on 2014 Pathfinders, might just be a wattage issue with the bulbs unless it could be something else causing them to blow.

Can anyone get the wattage rating off the factory bulb?
It's a little under 5W, which is why the bulb type is "W5W".

·
Premium Member
1,066 Posts
I seen that review too, and they ended up going to the dealership to get the bulbs replaced free of charge. But depending on how far you are from the dealership, driving to them instead of an automotive parts store for the bulbs might not be worth it.

But just to put it out their, you guys don't need to pay for this, so if it makes sense, go to the dealer.
The bulbs are like $2 and it takes roughly 10 minutes to replace them. It's not worth my time to sit around a dealership for an hour for them to replace them free of charge.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts