Nissan Pathfinder Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a 2015 PF. It's almost at 55K miles and since I can take awhile to choose the car I want, I've started my search now. I know I want an SUV/CUV with AWD. I spend enough time in Colorado and New Mexico during winter to warrant it. I have a trailer I tow but my fiance also has a truck so the ability is no longer a requirement. He loves my PF because it's a great road trip car, but I still remember when the CVT shudder happened at 4500 miles. I haven't been able to trust the car since, and it's been 3 years since it happened. I've had other little things like the roof rack trim popping off and little squeaks in the interior I've had for years but can handle those.

But when I think reasonably, the PF gets back on the list. It's reasonably priced for a V6 and the S base model comes with everything I would ever want. I have an SL and hate the leather seats, I would miss the auto tailgate but I can do without. I live really in the country so the safety equipment is nice, but the blind spot monitor rarely goes off because I worry more about hitting deer and bears than passing traffic.

So long story short, if you have the 2019 PF, have you experienced anything negative? CVT shudder, mechanical or electrical problems, etc. As I said, I live really out in the country (110 miles from a town with some services, and they only have 3300 people, nearest Nissan dealer is 3 1/2 hours away), and need something reliable. I know no car is without issues, but if I can go in more informed than I did the 1st time I might feel better.

·
Super Moderator
3,857 Posts
Comments on the 2019 MY have been sparse since it's only been out for 6-8 mos. but if you type "2019" in the Search box above, you will find some comments, mainly about features.

·
Registered
2,378 Posts
Be aware that the PF "AWD" is nothing like one finds in a true 4WD/AWD vehicle like a Subaru. You can not make it run full time for instance.

·
Registered
23 Posts
yeah, not much on 2019.. .I almost traded my 2015 for the 2019 but last minute I decided not to.. I just could justify loosing 15k

·
Registered
1 Posts
I am also a recent PF OWNER 2019 12,000 miles AWD. Miami location and We decided to get AWD to travel more and experience new adventures. AWD is and only should be used during incline roads, sand, mud and hauling trailers etc. City driving and highway driving on a normal basis ONLY use FWD. Other then that the PF is awesome no problems yet. Only thing I notice that I would have liked was the trunk automatically opening and closing. But that’s another thousand and something to instal at the dealer 🤷🏻‍♂️...... Anything comes up I’ll sure be on here sharing our journey with you all.! Happy Trails

·
Registered
5 Posts
New PF owner...2019 SV AWD. The 4x4/AWD kicks out around 25 mph. 4x4 lock is good for gravel/dirt roads.
I am going to "stealership" for brake shudder...he already said I may have hot spots on the rotors...At 600 miles?

·
Super Moderator
3,857 Posts
The 4x4 setting is only temporary, so that is normal. The brake shutter on a brand new car is not. At least you can have it fixed under warranty.

·
Registered
15 Posts
I just bought a 19' SV Rock creek edition and we love it. I've been a GM man all my life (Tahoe, suburban, silverado) and we love it. While i will admit the stereo on this thing is VERY lack luster, mainly the display, the nissan connected apps are a hot mess. I'm a little annoyed that a 37k+ stickered truck doesn't come with LED or HID headlights? seriously? regular halogen bulbs? Gas mileage seems great i'm actually doing better than the average around town for a 2wd. The cargo space with all seats up is meh, but i knew that going in, towing is great we have a large pop up (3100lbs) and it's a breeze. Other than that i've had no problems, and i'm rather critical of my vehicles, but time will tell, i'm only sitting at 1100 miles.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts