Nissan Pathfinder Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
We purchased a new Nissan Pathfinder recently. In the last few weeks when on cruise control, it sometimes senses a vehicle in another lane and breaks suddenly. Which is quite dangerous to those behind me. Is this a fault of the pathfinders or can it be fixed?

·
Registered
23 Posts
I also experienced dangerous issues from the cruise control suddenly "braking", normally in bends in the highway where the vehicles nose was not true to the road curve. I heard a lot of horns and saw a lot of middle fingers from the people dodging my vehicle and wondering why I was slamming on my "brakes" for no apparent reason. You can set the following distance of the cruise to the one bar setting, and adjust the sonar sensitivity in the main screen menu to low. It just reduces the sensitivity but can't help preventing the car from braking if it "sees" what it thinks is an obstacle in front of you. We stopped using the cruise control but because we couldn't trust it after a few of those scary incidents. We traded in the pathfinder after 2years because of that issue and the saggy rear end and poor handling overall.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts