Nissan Pathfinder Forum banner
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
62 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So as I am the primary driver of this vehicle I didn't notice until I sat in the passenger seat for the first time this morning and the seat cooling was INCREDIBLE compared to the drivers seat. I thought that I had a similar experience when I first drove the vehicle at the dealership but noticed that it wasn't as cold as I had remembered I figured that I was just getting used to it. Has anyone noticed problems with the seat climate systems or any variables the might tie into inconsistencies? I don't know if they are completely independent and should be consistent or if there might be reasons why it would be less cool? I hate the idea of having to take it in already because I've noticed a few things and I wonder if they'll even own up to them or if I am just being picky.

·
Registered
1,259 Posts
that's weird, you should stop by your dealer so they can have a look at it. it could be something along the electrical circuit or even the cooling element it's self.

·
Registered
13 Posts
I'm sure you probably know ...anyway have you try to adjust the knob into a lower settings?

·
Registered
62 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I'm sure you probably know ...anyway have you try to adjust the knob into a lower settings?
Yeah, it looks like I'm going to have to. It's a night and day difference between the two. The drivers side doesn't make it up the back very far at all and it just isn't cold at all compared to the passenger side.

·
Registered
1,206 Posts
interesting. maybe the settings are off for the driver seat. time to start driving from the passenger seat.

·
Registered
237 Posts
Yeah, it looks like I'm going to have to. It's a night and day difference between the two. The drivers side doesn't make it up the back very far at all and it just isn't cold at all compared to the passenger side.
I noticed the same thing. I have never had cooled seats before so I thought it was just me. I'm gonna have the dealer look at the drivers seat when I go in for my next maintenance.

·
Registered
62 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
I noticed the same thing. I have never had cooled seats before so I thought it was just me. I'm gonna have the dealer look at the drivers seat when I go in for my next maintenance.
Let me know what they tell you, I'm dropping by tonight to pick up my all weather floor mats and I'm going to bring it up then.

·
Registered
62 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Let me know what your findings are. The Dealership says it's normal and that it's because of the lumbar support and other power components. But I don't buy that, it's not just the back that doesn't get cold the bottom doesn't get very cold either.

·
Registered
262 Posts
funny business, seats that dont work, sunroofs that leak. all part of normal operating procedure... when did nissan get so american?

·
Registered
22 Posts
I have only tried the drivers side as well. Is it supposed to cool the back too? Mine only cools the bottom so until I read this I knew nothing about calling the back. Do you mean lower back of your body?

·
Registered
21 Posts
Sorry, haven't checked the pf pasenger seat yet, but the maxima driver's seat def cools most of the way up the back, huge difference btwn the two. The seats are different of course, maybe a different supplier?

·
Registered
22 Posts
I turned on the passenger set the other day with no one in it. It definitely is only blowing air in the bottom of the seat, the,part you sit on. Nothing through he back of the seat. How do you know it should be blowing out of the back? Admittedly, I have not checked the manual yet but was just wondering how you guys know.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts