Nissan Pathfinder Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Has any figured out how to connect an android phone to have its screen output show up on the Navigation screen and allow you to manage the apps on the same screen? I am thinking the RCA connection may help but I haven't found a micro USB to rca cable yet.

·
Registered
47 Posts
Has any figured out how to connect an android phone to have its screen output show up on the Navigation screen and allow you to manage the apps on the same screen? I am thinking the RCA connection may help but I haven't found a micro USB to rca cable yet.
tigger, I don't think the factory screen is mhl compatible. I had a Pioneer Appradio 2 HU on another car I've installed that do just that. The HU must have a hdmi input and Bluetooth to control the phone screen. Also you would need a brake override chip and a special app similar to the arliberator for appradio. I post some pic in the post about pf s model with Nav needed.

Closes thing would be this device:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6sKmrP55x6k&feature=youtu.be

·
Registered
9 Posts
I use the front screen for Google Maps (yes i like it more than the factory system), as well as other items.

I have an HDMI to Composite adapter that I picked up from Amazon. This allows anything with HDMI to work in the car. YOu an then pick up an MHL Adapter and hookup your phone with it. I did this with my wifes Nexus 4.

But the best thing to do is to pickup a Miracast capable adapter. I'm usin ga Netgear one that isn't Miracast certified but works just fine.

Plug it into the HDMI >Composite adapter and you can wirelessly mirror your phone screen to the car screens. I have it working with a Galaxy S3, Note2, Galaxy Tab 2 and the built in Allshare cast. It also works with a Nexus 4 running Android 4.2 with the built in wireless display function in settings.

This is fine if you just want to say, send Netflix video to the rear screens from your phone or the the front while parked.

Personally I wanted to use my phone's navigation in the front and in order to do this you will need to use an over-ride kit or an e-brake bypass. This is the only way the front screen will display video without the handbrake on or while driving.

·
Registered
10 Posts
I use the front screen for Google Maps (yes i like it more than the factory system), as well as other items.

I have an HDMI to Composite adapter that I picked up from Amazon. This allows anything with HDMI to work in the car. YOu an then pick up an MHL Adapter and hookup your phone with it. I did this with my wifes Nexus 4.

But the best thing to do is to pickup a Miracast capable adapter. I'm usin ga Netgear one that isn't Miracast certified but works just fine.

Plug it into the HDMI >Composite adapter and you can wirelessly mirror your phone screen to the car screens. I have it working with a Galaxy S3, Note2, Galaxy Tab 2 and the built in Allshare cast. It also works with a Nexus 4 running Android 4.2 with the built in wireless display function in settings.

This is fine if you just want to say, send Netflix video to the rear screens from your phone or the the front while parked.

Personally I wanted to use my phone's navigation in the front and in order to do this you will need to use an over-ride kit or an e-brake bypass. This is the only way the front screen will display video without the handbrake on or while driving.
Can you help with the link on where you got the "over-ride kit or an e-brake bypass". I am unable to find this kit in specific. I hope its not Naviks or NAVTool.

·
Registered
10 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Question for you

So it sounds like you have to get 2 adapters? The HDMI to Composite AND MHL Adapter?

·
Registered
21 Posts
Can you help with the link on where you got the "over-ride kit or an e-brake bypass". I am unable to find this kit in specific. I hope its not Naviks or NAVTool.
Just out of curiosity, I am intrigued by NavTool and Naviks. Why do you say "not Naviks or NAVTool"? Did you have a bad experience with those devices or know someone who did? I ask because while I can get a Pioneer or similar radio with built-in CarPlay and Android Auto to replace the display in my current 2014 Toyota Avalon, Crutchfield does not recommend an aftermarket unit for Nissans, so those CarPlay add-ins seem to be about the only way to add that capability to a Nissan. (And, if I decide to keep my Avalon, a Naviks or NavTool unit would be cheaper than a new infotainment unit.)

1 - 10 of 10 Posts