Nissan Pathfinder Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
the wife and I are considering getting her a 13/14 pathfinder. I am no stranger to the Nissan family. I currently drive an 09 Xterra

I've got a few quality questions about the CVT trans, and the new pathfinder in general.

We live in an area of Canada that reaches a balmy -40*F ish in the winter times just to give you a quick idea of the torture tests our vehicles go through in the winter times.

any ways I will be posting some questions in the respective forums shortly

·
Registered
440 Posts
the wife and I are considering getting her a 13/14 pathfinder. I am no stranger to the Nissan family. I currently drive an 09 Xterra

I've got a few quality questions about the CVT trans, and the new pathfinder in general.

We live in an area of Canada that reaches a balmy -40*F ish in the winter times just to give you a quick idea of the torture tests our vehicles go through in the winter times.

any ways I will be posting some questions in the respective forums shortly
In my opinion: don't.

They either haven't figured out the problem with the transmission, or have and have not replaced it yet.

Do not think that the current Pathfinder has anything in common with Pathfinder of the last 25 years other than the name. Think of it as a Murano with extra 2 - 3 feet of storage welded on the back. Don't take it off road, unless you are changing a flat tire. Pure soccer mom car, not a truck.

·
Registered
41 Posts
Welcome-
I too have had a past with Nissan, both me and the extended family with good history- My 2010 frontier has been very good (same frame as the previous pathfinder I believe)...

..Until we bought the '13 pathfinder. Has been an expensive, frustrating nightmare purchase. The problems are real.

I'd wait

·
Registered
1,259 Posts
Yup, best to stay away from 2014 PF's, at least for now. I rather wait for a number of real world 2014 owners to say they never had this problem, then deciding if to buy

1 - 6 of 6 Posts