Nissan Pathfinder Forum banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I purchased a 1TR Western Digital Hard Drive to connect to the USB port. Idea that my kids can play any movie on the rear screens for the long drive.

The drivers screen tells me to "check USB or ipod".

I understand that some thumbdrives work - so I reformatted the HD to Fat32.

Still nothing. Are there any suggestions? Is this a power issue, compatibility, or other that I can solve.

Thank you,
Phil

·
Registered
47 Posts
I purchased a 1TR Western Digital Hard Drive to connect to the USB port. Idea that my kids can play any movie on the rear screens for the long drive.

The drivers screen tells me to "check USB or ipod".

I understand that some thumb drives work - so I reformatted the HD to Fat32.

Still nothing. Are there any suggestions? Is this a power issue, compatibility, or other that I can solve.

Thank you,
Phil
Chipath, you may need one of these USB Dual Power 2 x Type A to mini B USB 2.0 and an extra 12v USB phone charger. This will be for a USB 2.0 hard drive. More power seem to be needed for a spinning HDD then a USB thumb drive. It more an issue with the USB port from the pf then the 2.5 HDD.

2.0 mini-USB to two dual USB

USB 3.0 to dual usb

·
Registered
15 Posts
I wanted to do the same thing and ran into the same problems on a 750gb drive. The pf doesn't seem to like drives larger than 120gb. I creat ed a 110gb (to be safe) partition, formatted it as fat32, and that worked fine. Since then, I've moved to using an older 70gb drive, since the old setup was just wasting storage. No problems with the usb port powering either drive.

·
Registered
1 Posts
i have an old ipod classic with 80 gigs. put all of my movies there. it works. only problem is gotta buy the movies from apple store. im not good with ripping movies to computer.

·
Registered
440 Posts
I wanted to do the same thing and ran into the same problems on a 750gb drive. The pf doesn't seem to like drives larger than 120gb. I creat ed a 110gb (to be safe) partition, formatted it as fat32, and that worked fine. Since then, I've moved to using an older 70gb drive, since the old setup was just wasting storage. No problems with the usb port powering either drive.
Sounds like something a firmware update could fix then... wonder if Nissan will ever correct this.

·
Registered
3 Posts
This is Absurd. I have tried every single hard drive out there, even the ones with power and plugged it into the jack that pathfinder premium has. what is the largest size of HD that Pathfinder supports? Are there any clear instructions or specifications anywhere?

·
Registered
221 Posts
Just get a 128 gb usb flash drive.

·
Registered
14 Posts
does the 128 gig work? would like to get something bigger than the 32 i'm using

·
Registered
20 Posts
Hey all, sorry to revive a dead thread, but has anyone tried this stuff out since the last update? I'd like to get a storage solution (either hard drive or flash) for some DivX movies (which I've had some luck encoding) and am wondering what people have found works or doesn't, especially surrounding portable hard drives.

Thanks in advance!

·
Registered
26 Posts
I'm running a HDMI to composite converter and running Netflix from my Blackberry over the rear 2 screens.

This converter works with the pathfinder.

This one doesn't

·
Registered
2 Posts
Just get a 128 gb usb flash drive.
Are 128 GB USB drives confirmed to work? Also, must they be formatted FAT32. Lastly, how are you formatting anything larger than 32GB as FAT32?

I can use a 32 GB FAT32 drive, but the USB reader in my 2014 Armada doesn't appear to support a 256 GB flash drive formatted as FAT32.

·
Registered
2 Posts
1 - 15 of 15 Posts