Nissan Pathfinder Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My pathfinder rattles with a high pitch noise at the front right engine bay. I jacked up the car, removed splash covers and sprayed wd40 at the tensioner first. Same noise. Then sprayed the clutch ac compressor and the noise went down. My final troubleshooting step was to remove the serpient belt and turn the compressor pulley by hand, which I did and the bearing is shot. Has any one had this problem? Does anyone have the bearing size or part number for the bearing? I don't want to buy the whole clutch if its only the bearing.
I have search with no results.

2015 Paty SV 97,000 miles no warranty. On my own

BTW, I broke off many clips taking off the splash shields.

Sent from my LG-H918 using Tapatalk

·
Super Moderator
1,954 Posts

·
Registered
46 Posts
Couldn't find the bearing reference but did find that it seems that the compressors changed in 2015 so the bearing could be different. These are the PN's for the clutch assemblies, the second one is almost twice as expensive as the first.
926609NB0C >10/01/2015
92660JP00B <10/01/2015

https://parts.nissanusa.com/nissanparts/?selyear=2015&selmodel=Pathfinder&searchText=compressor&action=searchAllCatalogs&makeid=25&siteid=14&catalogID=0

https://www.nissanpartsdeal.com
parts are cheaper on this site. Not purchased from them yet but I'd give them a try.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thank you @ekanson @jman for the links

Here are the steps I took to solve my problem.

1. Removed clutch and found the bearing was bad with missing ball bearings.

2. Bought a rebuilt compressor because it was a better deal.
Clutch $120
Compressor w/clutch $160

3. Removed compressor and installed new one. This step was difficult because the space is tight.

4. After installation, I took the paty to Pep boys to have it vacuum and recharged. 1.94 lbs of 134a freon

The Pathfinder has 2 compressor manufacturers. A cheap model and a better quality model. I had the cheap version. They're are identical, The difference is the internal functions; diaphragm, Pistons. They sold me the better one.

Now the a/c feels much colder with no noise. I had to buy the plastic clips for the splash guards at the nissan dealer.
$1 for the small
$2.69 for the large

I wonder how you suppose to change the alternator since is hidden on top of the a/c compressor. You can't even see it from the top of the engine. Just a thought

Javier from Miami

Sent from my LG-H918 using Tapatalk

1 - 5 of 5 Posts