Nissan Pathfinder Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Just bought a new 2014 SL with the Tech package. No compass in the mirror. Dealer says it is because it has the Tech package. I think it should have been included as the literature makes no mention of this being eliminated when ordering a Pathfinder with the Tech package. Its a pain to determine the direction of travel using the Nav feature. Oops! meant to say LS and not SL.

·
Premium Member
1,066 Posts
Omenica, are you in the US?

I ask because I'm having a hard time understanding exactly which model you have based on your description. Here in the US, the Pathfinder lineup (from least content to most) looks like this:

S, SV, SL, SL Premium, Platinum and Platinum Premium. The Premium package adds moonroofs and Bose audio. It also adds rear-seat entertainment in the Platinum model. Unless I'm very much mistaken, there is no "technology package", though it is possible that specific dealers are cobbling together their own packages in order to make further markup.

Funny you should mention having an SL, as the SL (even with Premium package) doesn't come with Nav here - and there is no "LS" model. It would help if you could actually reference your window sticker to determine the model type - Nissan should have included one that has a thorough explanation of the model and what features it includes (including the compass-equipped mirror).

Looking at your mirror, do you see a button with a compass icon on it? It's possible that the display may simply be turned off. But if you don't have the button at all, I'd say you don't have that particular type of mirror. The dealer could have pulled it to put in another Pathfinder, or perhaps in your market, they truly don't include it.

·
Registered
440 Posts
Omenica, are you in the US?

Funny you should mention having an SL, as the SL (even with Premium package) doesn't come with Nav here... .
The ads for the 2014 say they now offer the Tech package with Nav and upgraded audio on the SLs for around $1500.....

·
Premium Member
1,066 Posts
The ads for the 2014 say they now offer the Tech package with Nav and upgraded audio on the SLs for around $1500.....
Ah, interesting - I hadn't seen those ads and did pop onto Nissan's site and didn't see mention of it either on cursory glance.

·
Registered
440 Posts
Ah, interesting - I hadn't seen those ads and did pop onto Nissan's site and didn't see mention of it either on cursory glance.
Yea, they are making more noise about the Hybrid (which is not on the street as of the first week of October, maybe that is a good thing). Here is a summary from the Edmund's web review of the 2014 PF:

Stepping up to the SL trim level gets you foglights, heated mirrors, a power liftgate, leather upholstery, heated front and rear seats, driver memory settings, a four-way power passenger seat and an auto-dimming rearview mirror. Opting for the SL Tech package further gets you a 120-volt household-style power outlet, a larger 8-inch touchscreen display, a navigation system and a 13-speaker Bose audio system with Bluetooth audio connectivity.

·
Premium Member
1,066 Posts
Yea, they are making more noise about the Hybrid (which is not on the street as of the first week of October, maybe that is a good thing). Here is a summary from the Edmund's web review of the 2014 PF:

Stepping up to the SL trim level gets you foglights, heated mirrors, a power liftgate, leather upholstery, heated front and rear seats, driver memory settings, a four-way power passenger seat and an auto-dimming rearview mirror. Opting for the SL Tech package further gets you a 120-volt household-style power outlet, a larger 8-inch touchscreen display, a navigation system and a 13-speaker Bose audio system with Bluetooth audio connectivity.
So, now I have to wonder.... why did they feel the need to create an intermediary model between SL Premium and Platinum?

·
Registered
65 Posts
My 2014 SL has the tech package which also includes the 8" monitor.

Reactions: nettech
1 - 8 of 8 Posts