Nissan Pathfinder Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
234 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
First, it seems the two most common issues impacting the new 2013 Pathfinder are:
1. CVT - a recall was sent to me last month telling me to take it in to fix the stuttering problem I was having. I did, it works MUCH better. GET THIS DONE as it will make your car run much better.

2. Air bag light - seems there is a lot of confusion about this light causing a lot of people to complain that it isn't working properly. See, the PASSENGER AIRBAG OFF light will only light up when the system detects something in the seat that is below 70 pounds. It will not be on if there is NOTHING in the seat. Meanwhile, there has been a recall initiated because of a potential bad sensor. Nissan said impacted owners will receive notice in APril.

Other than those two, I don't see many "repeat" issues that people are having. Chime in if you know of any.

Now, on to my problem which seems to be unique. I remote started my car the other day and when I got in the car, I grabbed the transmission lever release before stepping on brake and hitting start. Bad habit that I can't seem to break. So the car shut down. Then, when I restarted, strange stuff happened. The radio lost two, and only two(!), of its presets. The "beep" that occurs when you press XM, FM, CD, Aux, doesn't happen anymore. The seat memory system is non-functional. The mirrors are both non-functional. And the auto-entry/exit seat/steering wheel motion no longer works (still set to ON in VID). Strange cluster of things to go out huh? There may be more but I did a quick inventory of things and these are what I found. The car has been at the dealer for about 3 days and they said they are going to replace the control module. But it's a total stab in the dark. Anyone else having electrical problems? I haven't seen any other posts but wanted to see if I'm alone in this.

·
Registered
26 Posts
One more bug with me is the Tailgate doesn't close easy at all. I have to almost slam it for it to register as closed by the door sensor. I wish it had a mechanical linkage to lock when closed down like it had on my 4Runner.

·
Registered
120 Posts
are you using the same or different intelligent key? I think the presets are link to each one. I have not completely test this out, but I did notice this.

·
Registered
1,206 Posts
Glad to know the CVT recall worked for someone.

There is a recall for both the issues you have listed.

I am going to assume when the car turned off - something in the electrical system shorted.

·
Registered
17 Posts
First, it seems the two most common issues impacting the new 2013 Pathfinder are:
1. CVT - a recall was sent to me last month telling me to take it in to fix the stuttering problem I was having. I did, it works MUCH better. GET THIS DONE as it will make your car run much better.

2. Air bag light - seems there is a lot of confusion about this light causing a lot of people to complain that it isn't working properly. See, the PASSENGER AIRBAG OFF light will only light up when the system detects something in the seat that is below 70 pounds. It will not be on if there is NOTHING in the seat. Meanwhile, there has been a recall initiated because of a potential bad sensor. Nissan said impacted owners will receive notice in APril.

Other than those two, I don't see many "repeat" issues that people are having. Chime in if you know of any.

Now, on to my problem which seems to be unique. I remote started my car the other day and when I got in the car, I grabbed the transmission lever release before stepping on brake and hitting start. Bad habit that I can't seem to break. So the car shut down. Then, when I restarted, strange stuff happened. The radio lost two, and only two(!), of its presets. The "beep" that occurs when you press XM, FM, CD, Aux, doesn't happen anymore. The seat memory system is non-functional. The mirrors are both non-functional. And the auto-entry/exit seat/steering wheel motion no longer works (still set to ON in VID). Strange cluster of things to go out huh? There may be more but I did a quick inventory of things and these are what I found. The car has been at the dealer for about 3 days and they said they are going to replace the control module. But it's a total stab in the dark. Anyone else having electrical problems? I haven't seen any other posts but wanted to see if I'm alone in this.

In regards to your CVT problem, did Nissan send you a letter about a recall on the '13 Pathfinder? I've got a '13 Pathfinder and I finally felt the shaking or judder feel when going about 10-20 mph. What exactly did the Nissan mechanics do to fix the transmission? Thanks.

·
Registered
234 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Glad to know the CVT recall worked for someone.

There is a recall for both the issues you have listed.

I am going to assume when the car turned off - something in the electrical system shorted.
There is a recall for which two issues? The CVT and the Airbag, right?

Nothing electrical related?

·
Registered
234 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·

FYI...here's an update. TWO control modules blew on my car. That caused all the issues. While they couldn't figure out why the radio and beep settings partially spazzed out, they concluded that the other two modules blowing did something to cause the main control module to freak out a bit.

So, I have my car back and it seems to be running. I'll report back if it reoccurs.

Thanks

·
Registered
234 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
In regards to your CVT problem, did Nissan send you a letter about a recall on the '13 Pathfinder? I've got a '13 Pathfinder and I finally felt the shaking or judder feel when going about 10-20 mph. What exactly did the Nissan mechanics do to fix the transmission? Thanks.
Yes, Nissan sent a letter for the CVT. It was dated 1/28/2013.

The technical description of the repair is:
TCM reprogram per Nissan PC197

From the letter:
"Under certain unique driving conditions, the CVT chain may clip in some affected 2013 Pathfinders. An indicator that the CVT chain has slipped is a shaking or a "judder" from the CVT when accelerating. Continuing to drive the vehicle in this condition can lead to accelerated wear and damage to the CVT. Reprogramming the Transmission Control Module (TCM) will prevent the CVT chain slip condition from recurring."...."The Nissan Dealer will reprogram the Transmission Control Module (TCM) at no charge."

·
Registered
66 Posts
The service department that has my 2013 PF (for the shudder issue) refuses to do the CVT reprogram. He told me my VIN was part of the bulletin. Has anyone else experienced this?

1 - 10 of 10 Posts