Nissan Pathfinder Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
425 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So it is -7C today and of course here comes the Parking Sensor Error. I have noticed over the years that Cold Weather and this Parking Sensor Error are somehow linked. Has anyone noticed this and somehow been able to fix this? I know it clears if you stop and restart the car but it is just annoying. Must be extremely annoying if you live in a colder climate like Canada.

I don't know if it is just the Cold Weather or the incline my car is parked on overnight that triggers this but am curious if this can be fixed. Does this still happen on new Pathfinders?

2013 Nissan Pathfinder SL
2002 BMW 325XI

·
Administrator
2015 Pathfinder SL - Tech 4WD
3,168 Posts
Not saying you should do this or it will fix your issue but I once fixed a friend's Ford sensor by spraying a bit of WD-40 onto it. Apparently it was sticking and the oil took care of it.

·
Registered
89 Posts
I've experienced same issue. Sometimes when there's the slightest bit of snow or ice on any of the sensors, it gets triggered - I just take a trip to the rear of the car, clean the sensors and it's good to go. Sometimes, it's just the cold - I shut down and restart car and good to go.

·
Registered
1 Posts
So it is -7C today and of course here comes the Parking Sensor Error. I have noticed over the years that Cold Weather and this Parking Sensor Error are somehow linked. Has anyone noticed this and somehow been able to fix this? I know it clears if you stop and restart the car but it is just annoying. Must be extremely annoying if you live in a colder climate like Canada.

I don't know if it is just the Cold Weather or the incline my car is parked on overnight that triggers this but am curious if this can be fixed. Does this still happen on new Pathfinders?

2013 Nissan Pathfinder SL
2002 BMW 325XI
In response to your post I live near Edmonton, Alberta in Canada. I have a 2022 Pathfinder. Over the past month or so we have had temperatures in the area of -30 to -40. I first started seeing the Parking Sensor Error about a week ago. It was the first time this has happened but this has reoccurred several times since then. I spoke with my local Nissan dealership and they advised it was probably due to the extreme cold weather of late however if it continued when the weather gets warmer I should bring the vehicle in. It hasn't happened over the last couple days and it was still around -30. I do park in a heated garage so that might help prevent some of these error messages. I will be speaking with the service manager to see what, if anything, can be done to prevent this as this issue should have been rectified by now. I never had any problems like this with my Chev truck's sensors. I agree with you, this is annoying.

·
Registered
2019 Nissan Pathfinder SV 4x4
1,239 Posts
Yep. In the rain, snow or frost it happens all the time on our 2019.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts