Nissan Pathfinder Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have narrowed my next car purchase to the Pathfinder Platinum or Infiniti JX. A major reason for this decision is the importance to me of truly chilled seats, not just ventilated ones. This is because I am about to retire to a home in the Southern California desert, where the summer temperatures often reach 115 degrees.

I have "test sat" climate controlled seats in both vehicles. It seems to me that the seats in the JX get colder and do so faster than the seats in the Pathfinder. A service writer at my local Nissan dealer wondered if the Infiniti might have a fan as part of the cooling mechanism, whereas the Pathfinder appears not to.

I would really appreciate if someone could clarify this for me.

Thank you.

·
Registered
186 Posts
I also asked dealer about this since I also did a long comparison between the two and found them to be equally good. The venting system in the pathfinder seat does indeed have a fan and its the same setup the JX has. There is even an air filter in the seat that is changed as part of regular maintenance. My observations is that the quality and thickness of the leather in both cars are the same. There are many factors that could have gave you a better impression on the JX such as actual start temp inside car when you looked at both or if you wearing warmer or cooler clothing.

·
Registered
1,259 Posts
I also asked dealer about this since I also did a long comparison between the two and found them to be equally good. The venting system in the pathfinder seat does indeed have a fan and its the same setup the JX has. There is even an air filter in the seat that is changed as part of regular maintenance. My observations is that the quality and thickness of the leather in both cars are the same. There are many factors that could have gave you a better impression on the JX such as actual start temp inside car when you looked at both or if you wearing warmer or cooler clothing.

Any idea how easy or hard it is to access the filter in the seat?

I hope this is not one of those filters that you must go to the dealership for, going to suck having to pay the dealership premium price just for a dang filter!

·
Registered
186 Posts
Any idea how easy or hard it is to access the filter in the seat?

I hope this is not one of those filters that you must go to the dealership for, going to suck having to pay the dealership premium price just for a dang filter!
Apparently each seat has a small filter that are cheap and quickly changed out at same service period as your cabin air filter. Its done during standard oil change service so I imagine its quick and easy. Would have to nose around under seat to see if its visible. $15 charge for each seat with filter, not a major deal I think at 30k intervals. Service done as part of package pricing of standard 30k service.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts