Nissan Pathfinder Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
151 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I've been noticing that after the auto head lights come on, while the wipers are going, that there is a faint clicking sound coming from behind the instrument panel. The click seems to be spaced several seconds apart. I know a lot of vehicles "click" each time the wipers swipe but this doesn't seem to be related to the wipers swiping. Anyone else notice this?

·
Registered
75 Posts
I've been noticing that after the auto head lights come on, while the wipers are going, that there is a faint clicking sound coming from behind the instrument panel. The click seems to be spaced several seconds apart. I know a lot of vehicles "click" each time the wipers swipe but this doesn't seem to be related to the wipers swiping. Anyone else notice this?
Listen to the clicks and look at your REAR wiper. Mine does it too and I was wondering then I noticed. Everytime the REAR wiper goes, it clicks. Hope that helps.

·
Registered
151 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I checked that and the clicking didn't correspond with the rear wiper either...but thanks for the suggestion! It's not too loud so I guess I can just live with it, maybe I'm being too sensitive to every noise this thing makes. Whatever it is it doesn't seem to be affecting anything negatively.

·
Registered
1,259 Posts
Might be best if you stop by the dealership, ask to see a new pathfinder on their lot to find out if it also has this noise.

Have you spoke to your dealership about it?

·
Registered
151 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I mentioned it to them today when I stopped by to get a few things out of my vehicle, they were puzzled. The dealer has it right now for the shudder that has resurfaced (post torque conv replacement), which they're actually pretty certain the entire CVT will be replaced this time, and popping noises coming from the steering column (likely related to the the torque conv replacement), now the clicking is added to the list. Coming from a family of Nissan owners and this being my second, I never thought I'd own a Nissan that's been one problem after another like this one.

·
Registered
1,259 Posts
I mentioned it to them today when I stopped by to get a few things out of my vehicle, they were puzzled. The dealer has it right now for the shudder that has resurfaced (post torque conv replacement), which they're actually pretty certain the entire CVT will be replaced this time, and popping noises coming from the steering column (likely related to the the torque conv replacement), now the clicking is added to the list. Coming from a family of Nissan owners and this being my second, I never thought I'd own a Nissan that's been one problem after another like this one.

I guess since the issue is in the stages of being new and not as wide spread it might take time before they can remedy the issue. Unfortunately this is the "price" we pay for being early adopters.

What other Nissan's did your family and you own?

·
Registered
151 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
I told my wife to expect recalls on a first year design but I never imagined it would be like this. I wouldn't feel quite as disappointed in Nissan as a whole if it was just my vehicle and small percentage of others, but hearing my service adviser talk, almost every '13 pathfinder they have sold has had the new torque converter replaced by now.

Let me see, my family...'88 p/u truck, '90 sentra, '94 240sx, '01 frontier and '05 maxima (still driving 240sx and the last two). Me and my wife had an '06 altima before the PF, her parents bought the altima as a spare car.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts