Nissan Pathfinder Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
I've just discovered a clicking that sounds close to the top of the engine. I've checked the oil and it's possibly overfilled just a little. I opened the oil filler cap and did not see a surplus of oil in there. In fact it I thought it looked like it should have some but didn't. Should I see oil flowing through that opening with the car running? This is an urgent request.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
I've just discover a clicking that sounds close to the top of the engine. I've checked the oil and it's possibly overfilled just a little. I opened the oil filler cap and did not see a surplus of oil in there. In fact it I thought it looked like it should have some but didn't. Should I see oil flowing through that opening with the car running? This is an urgent request.
It's a 2014 SV by the way.

·
Registered
9 Posts
I've just discovered a clicking that sounds close to the top of the engine. I've checked the oil and it's possibly overfilled just a little. I opened the oil filler cap and did not see a surplus of oil in there. In fact it I thought it looked like it should have some but didn't. Should I see oil flowing through that opening with the car running? This is an urgent request.
PCV valves click and so do injectors. Maybe that's what you hear? A little overfull shouldn't hurt, but I wouldn't overfill it by much. It's always better to underfill it just a little rather than to overfill it. If the dipstick on a cold engine shows you don't need oil, DO NOT add more. NO, you shouldn't see oil flowing when you have the filler cap open.The filler cap should stay closed unless the car is off. If you forget to tighten it and it comes off while the engine is on, it's trouble.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts