Nissan Pathfinder Forum banner
1 - 20 of 47 Posts

·
Registered
186 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Had a conversation today with Parts Manager at dealership regarding the Bumper Protector that many of us are wanting to add to our Pathfinders. He informed that shipments began rolling out today through Nissan network and expected to arrive at Dealerships in 10-12 days.

He expects to have them in stock to sell on or before 4/15. The part number is #999T6-XZ000 but no word on pricing until part order information is officially released. I did find on Nissanaccessories247.com that they are accepting orders now with delayed delivery. Selling for $146.85

Hoping to have my installed by Tax Day!

·
Registered
48 Posts
I cannot imagine the wear of a chrome bumper protector. Hopefully it will be of a more durable material.

·
Registered
186 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
It is stainless steel with a chrome look to it. Should have used Stainless on description, good catch. Its very durable and found in other Nissan models. My neighbor has a year old rogue and still looks like new after heavy use.

·
Registered
1,259 Posts
I cannot imagine the wear of a chrome bumper protector. Hopefully it will be of a more durable material.
I think the main thing that kills chrome is the chemicals people use to wash their car that can rip away the chrome, not right away, but over time.

·
Registered
48 Posts
I realize that chrome has to be cared for so as to protect it. I was more concerned that the chrome could be damaged with the very scratches that the guard is to protect against. Stainless steel is a must better idea - looking forward to seeing the guard in person, as I would really like one.

·
Registered
186 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
I realize that chrome has to be cared for so as to protect it. I was more concerned that the chrome could be damaged with the very scratches that the guard is to protect against. Stainless steel is a must better idea - looking forward to seeing the guard in person, as I would really like one.
Thankfully bumper is stainless steel with a chrome like polished look so no worries!

·
Registered
1,206 Posts
In for pictures of the protector installed.

·
Registered
186 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
In for pictures of the protector installed.
To be clear I am talking about the standard OEM Stainless Steel bumper protector that sits on top of the bumper which some members here already ahve pictures posted who were lucky to get them from the factory before it was discontinues. I am not getting the bumber guard to protect in parking situations

·
Registered
234 Posts
I dont exactly follow which part your talking about can you post the picture of the part on the pathfinder?
They took it off the accessory lists on all their sites but you can see it here.

Go to this page:
2013 Nissan Pathfinder Platinum - Specs & Pricing | Nissan USA

Click on ACCESSORIES under FEATURES on the left.

Scroll to the CARGO PACKAGE. See the stainless steel protector on the top of the rear bumper? That's normally a painted surface. That's what it looks like if you have the bumper.

·
Registered
1,206 Posts
some dealers have online stores that sell parts for a much lower price. sometimes lower than ebay. but ebay is a good place to look for oem parts.

·
Registered
234 Posts
Anyone spot the stainless steel rear bumper protector yet at a dealer? It's still not been placed back on the Nissan Parts eStore (it was removed in March).

·
Registered
186 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Nissan Accessories 247 site is taking orders although they are currently showing that item is back ordered.

Nissan Pathfinder Rear Bumper Protector

I am keeping a close eye on this as well. I must put on my car before the summer road trip season as the bumper takes a beating from all the luggage, beach gear, and Golden Retriever

·
Registered
70 Posts
This seems like a practical and good looking accessory, but $147?? Wow, that seems excessive for a stick-on protector to keep a few scratches off the top of the bumper.

·
Registered
186 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
This seems like a practical and good looking accessory, but $147?? Wow, that seems excessive for a stick-on protector to keep a few scratches off the top of the bumper.
Considering the dealer sells this option for $200 this is a good deal. Its actually a high quality piece made of stainless steel and really adds to the "bling" look of the car in the rear. Have you seen it in person? My last SUV took a beating on top part of bumper so I guess it depends on your use. Funny thing is my Sentra also offered a bumper protector which turned out to be nothing more than a clear sticker which cost $90 installed. :eek: Now for that I would agree is bit much.

·
Registered
234 Posts
Nissan Accessories 247 site is taking orders although they are currently showing that item is back ordered.

Nissan Pathfinder*Rear Bumper Protector

I am keeping a close eye on this as well. I must put on my car before the summer road trip season as the bumper takes a beating from all the luggage, beach gear, and Golden Retriever
Thanks. I may end up ordering from here but I was hoping to order through Nissan eParts store to get the 20% discount.

·
Registered
234 Posts
Hooray. The Stainless Steel Bumper Protector was brought back today on the Nissan Eparts store. Stainless Steel Rear Bumper Protector, part number 999T6-XZ000. $165

2013 Nissan Pathfinder Accessory Parts - Nissan USA eStore

Apply the 20% discount code NOAE2013 - which will not appear on your order until the last page of the ordering process.

1 - 20 of 47 Posts