Nissan Pathfinder Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
R52 2018 S 4WD
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I want to add a hitch to my 2018 S, and I see two ways to do that.

One way is just to buy 3rd party receiver and wiring. A III class receiver costs $150-180 at Amazon, and another hundred would go to the harness, brackets etc.
This 3rd party receiver would be easy to install, but it looks like it reduces the ground clearance - at least at the photos on the Internet.
An example:
Car Tire Automotive tail & brake light Vehicle Vehicle registration plate

Another way is to go with native parts. The minimum I see is 999T5-RZ100 receiver ($180+), 999T8-XZ000 harness ($80+), 999T5-X5190 finisher ($50+) and, the most important, 85022-9PF1H bumper cover ($350+ and necessity to match the color). This should give something looking like below, with hitch hidden in the bumper:
Automotive tail & brake light Car Vehicle Tire Grille

So, the problem is that the 'native parts' approach not only doubles the costs of the parts, but also adds a lot of efforts on finding the bumper cover of the proper color and replacing it.

With that, the question is whether reduced ground clearance with 3rd party receiver is a serious issue? If someone has this type of hitch, what's the distance from it's lowest point to the ground? Is it less that the announced clearance of 180 mm / 7" of a stock Pathfinder?

·
Registered
R52 2018 S 4WD
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Thank you for the references guys! Looks like a way to go, but there is still one important thing. All the photos I was able to found were for cutting of a 'flat' bumper cover, while 2018 S has three 'teeth' there.
And I wonder if it does not interfere with the central 'tooth'.

Car Tire Automotive tail & brake light Vehicle Vehicle registration plate

But it's probably a question for one of those existing topics...

1 - 2 of 2 Posts