Nissan Pathfinder Forum banner
1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
255 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi,

I bought the 0W20 from Costco, but it's 4.73L and and manual says 4.8L

Would 0.07L make a difference, or should I open another and add the 0.07L?

·
Registered
255 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
curious, do i need to buy the Nissan oil filter or can i get a FRAM, etc...?

also, do i need a crush washer or is it fine to reuse the existing?

·
Registered
255 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
ok, i just went and bought the Nissan one for 14$, came with a crush washer (looks like a normal washer to me, not one that will crush down).

the filter is so tiny, i'm used to the bigger ones from my old jeep. it's like it's for my daughters doll car :p

·
Registered
2023 Rock Creek Pathfinder
24 Posts
ok, i just went and bought the Nissan one for 14$, came with a crush washer (looks like a normal washer to me, not one that will crush down).

the filter is so tiny, i'm used to the bigger ones from my old jeep. it's like it's for my daughters doll car :p
You need to befriend a tech at Nissan or the guy at the parts counter. I buy them 12 at a time for my Titan and Pathfinder for $5.50 each.

·
Registered
2017 Pathfinder SL
17 Posts
$14 CAD, so about 5.50 USD :)
You can get a pack of the crush washers from Amazon, Then you are free to find and buy whatever oil filter will fit.
Ebay often has significant sales on Nissan branded stuff...even CVT fluid and oil. And oil filters.

I am in CA also and never have had any issues with delivery or added fees, whatever.

·
Registered
255 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
You can get a pack of the crush washers from Amazon, Then you are free to find and buy whatever oil filter will fit.
Ebay often has significant sales on Nissan branded stuff...even CVT fluid and oil. And oil filters.

I am in CA also and never have had any issues with delivery or added fees, whatever.
which washers do you get from Amazon?

·
Registered
2017 Pathfinder SL
17 Posts
The link is impossibly long to paste in here but go to Amazon.ca and put "
Nissan 10pcs. Lower Oil Pan Drain Plug Crush Washer Gasket OEM

in the search bar. $20 for ten. Somebody said they re-use them, I wouldn't.

·
Registered
255 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
The link is impossibly long to paste in here but go to Amazon.ca and put "
Nissan 10pcs. Lower Oil Pan Drain Plug Crush Washer Gasket OEM

in the search bar. $20 for ten. Somebody said they re-use them, I wouldn't.
hm that one says up to 2016.

i found this one for less:

·
Registered
255 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
just changed the oil today, wow was that ever black, only 8000 KM on the oil too.

what a terrible location for the dipstick, sheesh.

·
Registered
2019 Nissan Pathfinder SV 4x4
1,698 Posts
Closing in on 80K miles on our 2019 Pathfinder and I've been doing my own oil changes on it every ~3500-4K miles since 2019 and 24K. I've never changed the drain plug washer. I buy lower cost oil filters by the dozen through mail order for $3-4/ea all-in shipped and use what ever synthetic oil I can get for under $25 for a 5qt jug.

·
Registered
255 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
I noticed the "crush" washer installed and the one they gave me with the filter aren't actually crush washers, just regular washers.

Some I've seen on other vehicles actually get compressed when you tighten them.

1 - 20 of 21 Posts