Nissan Pathfinder Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Car starts and operates fine. 2017 Pathfinder the center console screen is stuck on. Performing security check. Please wait.

It never leaves this screen and backup camera does not come on.

I disconnected negative battery terminal, waited about 30 minutes reconnected and still same screen. I had hoped maybe it would reset.
Anyone familiar with this issue?

·
Registered
2019 Nissan Pathfinder SV 4x4
1,239 Posts
I haven't heard of that one. Does the HVAC functions still work? Radio still work?

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
The Hvac settings all function but no display of settings and no the radio does not work. The rear camera will flash on for a second and then goes frozen to the display screen.

·
Registered
2019 Nissan Pathfinder SV 4x4
1,239 Posts
I'm just guessing, but given the message you are seeing and the fact the radio does not function, it sounds like the radio has glitched somehow, wanting a security code or the likes, or the radio has internal electronic issues and needs to be replaced.

Your screen still works from the sound of it (it displays something) and the HVAC works. It seems as if the radio is holding the screen hostage for lack of better terms.

It's probably going to need an advanced scan tool or a dealer visit to help prove what the problem is.

Here's a video on removing the radio module. It's quite a big ol box.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts