Nissan Pathfinder Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Basically I'm looking for clarification of my own opinion here. My pathfinder started misfiring. Took it in and found a bad coil. Replaced it. Afterward she was not as peppy on the acceleration but drove fine. I figured a full tune up would fix her. However, she did the same thing again with the misfires. I took her in and got codes for multiple misfire, cat converter malfunction, and 1st, 2nd, and 4th gear function codes. I've had the car for less than a month. The mechanic at the dealer said that "the cats were causing a back pressure in the engine which is making it throw all these codes". Now to MY knowledge, cats and trannys are completely separate entities and I'm over here waving a BS flag. Is anyone else waving this flag with me?

·
Registered
2019 Nissan Pathfinder SV 4x4
1,239 Posts
Basically I'm looking for clarification of my own opinion here. My pathfinder started misfiring. Took it in and found a bad coil. Replaced it. Afterward she was not as peppy on the acceleration but drove fine. I figured a full tune up would fix her. However, she did the same thing again with the misfires. I took her in and got codes for multiple misfire, cat converter malfunction, and 1st, 2nd, and 4th gear function codes. I've had the car for less than a month. The mechanic at the dealer said that "the cats were causing a back pressure in the engine which is making it throw all these codes". Now to MY knowledge, cats and trannys are completely separate entities and I'm over here waving a BS flag. Is anyone else waving this flag with me?
This is in regards to a 2022?

There's several relatively simple tests a tech can perform to see if the catalytic converters are back-pressuring the engine. Driving with a misfire can foul the catalytic converters.

In terms of the transmission codes, I'd first verify the battery is putting out ~14VDC at idle by checking it at the battery posts w/ a voltmeter. Any less will cause all kinds of issues/codes. I don't see the correlation between the problems.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts