Nissan Pathfinder Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
We got our new 2022 SL last week and loving it so far. I am trying to figure out the best place to attach a front strap for our canoe. Our old vehicle had front tow hooks so it was easy. I don't see any obvious spots on the vehicle to attach any straps at the front end. Any suggestions?

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Looks like a good solution. I managed to get a strap through the front grille just beside the Nissan badge and loop it around the post for the hood release, but it is tricky to install / remove. These look better. Thanks.

·
Registered
2019 Nissan Pathfinder Platinum
106 Posts
Looks like a good solution. I managed to get a strap through the front grille just beside the Nissan badge and loop it around the post for the hood release, but it is tricky to install / remove. These look better. Thanks.
Absolutely better and useful for any vehicle, as I used to take the canoe on my friend's car in my wife's CRV. Not too expensive either, I got mine from Canadian Tires for about $12 couple of years ago.

Cheers and Good luck!

·
Registered
2019 Pathfinder S, 2002 Pathfinder SE 4x4
64 Posts
On the Pathy's the bolt for the hood strap tie down is further back along the fender top, closer to the windshield. This photo show the strap on my Murano, which I traded in on the Pathy. The Murano had the bolts across the front on either side of the radiator top support. The guy wires are braided cord with taut-line hitches to snug up with.
Wheel Tire Vehicle registration plate Vehicle Plant

·
Registered
1 Posts
I just got my 2022 Pathfinder and use hood straps as well. I did note a square cover plate in the right front bumper and wonder if it's access for a tie down location. But I don't think so as the stock photo from Nissan here (2022 Nissan Pathfinder Accessories & Parts | Nissan USA ) shows the strap going under the front bumper. I don't like that idea as the straps will wear on the hood, whereas with hood strap tie downs it won't.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts