Nissan Pathfinder Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

· Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
What is everyone doing for their first oil change?
The 2023 PF calls for oil changes every 10k miles and there is no break in oil change period.
Does anyone know if the factory fill is good until 10k?
I personally will be doing the first change at 5K miles and will continue 5K intervals due to engine sludge concerns with our engines (VQ35DD)

Given the R52 has cases of sludge on the exact same engine why would Nissan knowingly bump up the interval to 10k miles? There would be a ton of sludged R53s at the dealers for warranty.

· Registered
82 Posts
My dealer told me to bring it in at 6k. I had asked about changing the oil after the 1200 mile break-in period, as some mechanics recommend, and was told absolutely not. He says Nissan uses a special oil from the factory and expects it to be there for the first 6k.

That said, I'm kind of doubting that, because why would the manual say 10k for the first oil change?

· Registered
2019 Nissan Pathfinder SV 4x4
1,789 Posts
My dealer told me to bring it in at 6k. I had asked about changing the oil after the 1200 mile break-in period, as some mechanics recommend, and was told absolutely not. He says Nissan uses a special oil from the factory and expects it to be there for the first 6k.

That said, I'm kind of doubting that, because why would the manual say 10k for the first oil change?
They all say that.

The further you stretch it to 6K or beyond, the easier it is for them to sell you a new cabin air filter, engine air filter, etc.. etc. You can't blame them. An oil change alone is a money looser for them.

· Registered
2019 Pathfinder S, 2002 Pathfinder SE 4x4
81 Posts
Stick to 5K miles [or 4750] to avoid sludging the engine, and if you are a DIY'er Nissan filters can be had on Amazon for a very fair price. Use a new crush washer every time [also cheap] and torque the drain bolt to 25 ft-lbs.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts