Nissan Pathfinder Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
First time poster here - We just purchased a 2013 Pathfinder SL that we pick-up on Thursday. It is factory 7-pin wired for a trailer, but a brake controller is not integrated into the vehicle. Our previous vehicle was an '07 Ford Edge and the brake controller was mounted under the dash and it was a real pain in the @$$. Does anyone have suggestions for brake controller and best mounting options?

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Yes, I knew there was a wiring harness as the 7-pin comes standard in the SL. Where did you mount the controller under the dash? I am trying to find a good spot that is accessible without smashing my leg into it all the time. Any suggestions for a model of controller? We had a Reese in our edge and it was terrible.

·
Registered
17 Posts
What are you towing with the pathfinder? We have a big toy hauler that we tow with our Tundra -- the Tekonsha Prodigy 3 is the best controller I found by far! Let me know what you tow and how well the PF does.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
We are towing a larger tent trailer (3500LBS). Not much. The Reese Controller was just very unreliable, I felt like it honestly didnt do anything.

·
Registered
2 Posts
I'm curious where you ended up mounting it. I'm ordering a controller for a trailer we're hauling next week and have been debating the best place to put it.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts