Nissan Pathfinder Forum banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Anyone recommend a good seat cover that stays in place pretty well that I can throw over the driver seat? Only looking for bottom only. Needs to be breathable so heat and cooling can still work. Thanks in advance.

Light Car Grey Personal luxury car Automotive design

·
Administrator
5,152 Posts
It might be that there's no easy solution. Anything that you put on top of heated or cooled seats are going to negate that feature.

·
Registered
14 Posts
Trying to figure this out myself... pretty much all Pathfinders 2005-12 with over 100k miles have torn bottom cover (often backs of the seats are fine). I am about to have 3 Pathfinders that need the bottoms replaced 🤨
I don't want to cover them with some ugly mass produced loose fitting cover. It shouldn't be difficult or expensive to replace just the bottoms. I was looking at some junkyard Pro-4X seats from an Xterra or Frontier that are lightly worn-they have cool embroidery and stitching-however its just a short matter of time until they are torn through as well. If a manufacturer offered factory looking bottom covers at a reasonable price they'd sell a ton.
If I come up with a solution I will keep you'll posted 🤠

·
Administrator
5,152 Posts
I think with any vehicle that has heating or cooling elements in the seat, the only way you're going to be able to repair it is a custom job at an upholstery shop that does automotive repairs sorry to say. (Short of replacing the entire seat with a used one, that is.)

·
Registered
14 Posts
Really? I never took these a part myself, but I have seen other heated seats and they were simply an electric coil taped to the cushion. Kind of like a rear window defroster. If that is the case for Pathfinders, I don't see why the cover couldn't be swapped. My 2006 has chunks missing, perhaps I will preform an autopsy 🔪and explore just what's inside.

·
Registered
14 Posts
I should mention, I found a few places that offer entire seat and/or all of the seating covers... just not simply the bottom of the driver's and passenger seats.

I emailed the Autoseatskins place and inquired whether I can purchase just the bottoms

·
Registered
14 Posts
I found a thread over at the Xterra forum that is a step-by-step on how to add the heating element to our seats...
So for those of us who already have the heated seats, it is a great guide on how to replace the cover. We have 95% of the work already done. Nothing to it but to do it 🤙

·
Administrator
2015 Pathfinder SL - Tech 4WD
3,609 Posts
I just went to one of our local scrap yards this past weekend with my son to buy a car seat for a driving simulator he is building. $25 for any manual and $35 for any electric one.
At that price point, its not even worth trying to fix it if you are able to find one.

·
Registered
14 Posts
Replace it with another worn or torn seat? It is very hard to find a R51 with; 1) Low enough miles it is not worn or torn 2) The right color+leather (most are cloth) 3) A U-Pull Yard that someone didn't leave the door/window open or heavy greasy parts on the seats. (U-Pull are the only places charging that little $ for leather seats). If it was an easy/cheap fix I wouldn't have 3 Pathfinders with bad seats :confused:

·
Administrator
2015 Pathfinder SL - Tech 4WD
3,609 Posts
So, I guess you've exhausted all yards in your area?
Don't know if yours is an SE, LE, Black, Beige... but there are a few PF's close to you...

Rectangle Font Slope Parallel Screenshot

This one had a cover on so it could be in good shape.
Food Animal product Ingredient Pork Mettwurst

·
Registered
14 Posts
I live on the eastern shore, which is a peninsula (water on both sides), meaning LaPlata, MD is only about 20 miles "as a crow flys" but it takes about 3 hours to get there across the Chesapeake Bay. Certainly doable, but I've been preoccupied with engine swaps and a rebuild.
2 of my Pathys are LE's and the other is a Silver Edition, but as far as I know the seats are the same/compatible.
jman Thanks for the links, that is actually how I found the Pro-4X seats which is what I will get if I do travel out of state to get them... I just hope the Frontier/Xterra seats are the same as well, certain model's look identical. I did notice several completely different yards (states apart) have the exact same parts listed;
Car Car seat cover Automotive design Head restraint Vehicle

I love these seats, I noticed they (+ entire vehicle-same pics) are listed at least 5 other junkyards. None of them within a few hundred miles or I would've jumped on them (figuratively).
Happy 🦃 Day!!

1 - 13 of 13 Posts