Nissan Pathfinder Forum banner
1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Administrator
5,065 Posts
Would the location be the same for a 2016 pathfinder? I've searched everywhere for a diagram or a picture of it'socation and keep coming up empty handed.
Yes. The model refresh didn't take place until the 2017 model year.

·
Registered
2019 Nissan Pathfinder SV 4x4
1,592 Posts
Not sure if front blower speeds are controlled by the HVAC auto amp, IPDM or BCM. Like said, if there is a resistor pack on/in the plenum somewhere, I don't know where it's at.

·
Administrator
5,065 Posts
Did we ever find a solution to this? I am also trying to replace a front resistor. Took my bower out and hooked it straight to battery and it goes no problem. I cant find a resistor in the front of the car.
Didn't you read post # 9?

·
Registered
6 Posts
Yes, I guess it wasn't very clear. But I went ahead and took a chance and bought a blower motor and after looking at it it looks like it's got a built-in resistor in it. Swapped out the blower motor and we are back in business. Now just got to figure out why it won't do head and feet at the same time.

·
Registered
693 Posts
This sounds odd. It worked when you put power and ground to it but not in the car, then after replacing it, it worked in the car?

These don't have resistors. They are PWM controlled, so I'm guessing there was a problem at that connector that you fixed by unplugging it? The other possibility is that the motor was failing and the PWM power sort of ramps up, and Kay not have been enough to get it moving, where the 12v blast could.

·
Registered
2019 Nissan Pathfinder SV 4x4
1,592 Posts
Did you find it im having the same problem
There is no resistor pack for the HVAC blower on 2013+ pathfinders. I believe fan speeds are computer controlled though the body control module, the integrated power module and/or A/C auto amp. It really sucks to have to perform advanced diagnostics for HVAC troubleshooting, but that's how it is today.

1 - 20 of 20 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.