Nissan Pathfinder Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a 2017 Pathfinder SV. I'm getting a rattle from behind the dash closer to the passenger side of the vehicle when the blows is on. Doesn't matter what speed the fan is at, it's always there until I turn the heating/cooling system off. Almost sounds like something came loose?

·
Registered
2017 Nissan Pathfinder SL
6 Posts
Does it rattle with just the blower on with no heat or ac or is it only when you have heat and ac with the fan going?

First thing I would check is the fan blower itself, very easy job to tackle yourself without going to the dealer if not under warranty. Remove the passenger side panel first. There are something like 6 screws holding the glove box in place. Remove those and pull out glove box. Blower can then be accessed and is held in with 3 screws. It’s possible perhaps a screw came loose holding the fan in or you have debris in the fan motor such as leaves that can simply be removed. Hopefully that’s the problem.

If not, the next thing it could be is the heater box assembly located behind the dash. That is a big job which requires the entire dash to be removed if it is determined to be faulty. I just had mine replaced under warranty though mine would squeal between certain temperature ranges, not rattle.

·
Registered
43 Posts
There's leafs inside the blower. Remove blower and clean. Replace cabin air filter while you're at it.

Sent from my SM-G970U using Tapatalk

1 - 3 of 3 Posts