Nissan Pathfinder Forum banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Love the 2013 pathfinder and had no issue. Winters coming so I'd like to locate the block heater cord. Anyone know where to find it?

·
Administrator
2013 Pathfinder SL, Connecticut, USA
4,771 Posts
Love the 2013 pathfinder and had no issue. Winters coming so I'd like to locate the block heater cord. Anyone know where to find it?
Why would you need that? It's not a diesel.

·
Premium Member
1,066 Posts
Why would you need that? It's not a diesel.
In northern climates (think North Dakota, Canada, etc), it's not uncommon to use a block heater with gasoline engines to help the motor warm up to operating temperature more quickly.

·
Administrator
2013 Pathfinder SL, Connecticut, USA
4,771 Posts
In northern climates (think North Dakota, Canada, etc), it's not uncommon to use a block heater with gasoline engines to help the motor warm up to operating temperature more quickly.
The OP is looking for the cord. Is that to say that the Pathfinder comes equipped with a block heater, and if so, is that a regional thing?

·
Registered
198 Posts
The OP is looking for the cord. Is that to say that the Pathfinder comes equipped with a block heater, and if so, is that a regional thing?
The block heater comes standard in Canada for all trim levels. I have been searching for the cord as well, with no success! Was planning on asking the dealer the next time I bring it in for service but I keep forgetting. If anybody knows, please post your reply. Picture would be helpful as well.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
The block heater comes standard in Canada for all trim levels. I have been searching for the cord as well, with no success! Was planning on asking the dealer the next time I bring it in for service but I keep forgetting. If anybody knows, please post your reply. Picture would be helpful as well.
Yes, where I live temperatures can be -30 degrees or more with the wind. You are doing the engine a favor by using the block heater. After much searching I found it. Standing at the front of the car its at the very front left corner. Mine was tucked in down beside the reservoir for the power steering bottle. The cord is in another coiled plastic wrap.

2013 Pathfinder Platinum Premium Arctic Blue with Almond Leather interior
2011 Toyota Avalon Burgundy with black leather

·
Premium Member
1,066 Posts
Yes, where I live temperatures can be -30 degrees or more with the wind. You are doing the engine a favor by using the block heater. After much searching I found it. Standing at the front of the car its at the very front left corner. Mine was tucked in down beside the reservoir for the power steering bottle. The cord is in another coiled plastic wrap.

Nice! Thanks for sharing what you found and adding to the knowledge base.

·
Registered
198 Posts

Thanks so much! Finally see it after 8 months. I added some photos for those who want to get a clear view of where it would be. It's the larger coil next to the harness that connects to the light bulbs. Just pull it out until you get to the plug.

Attachments

·
Registered
2 Posts
After searching I found the block-heater; next question - is there any way to thread it through the front grill our maybe out by the bottom lights?

Worried that simply have it hanging out over the hood would damage the cord when I close it.

Any suggestions? Comments?

·
Registered
198 Posts
After searching I found the block-heater; next question - is there any way to thread it through the front grill our maybe out by the bottom lights?

Worried that simply have it hanging out over the hood would damage the cord when I close it.

Any suggestions? Comments?
If you look at my photos, You'll notice there is a small clip near the plug. I'm assuming that would be used to clip it onto the grill or somewhere. I never had a chance to look into it yet.

·
Registered
1,206 Posts
block heaters are standard in canada? really? you sure about that?

·
Registered
198 Posts
block heaters are standard in canada? really? you sure about that?
If you download the brochures for the Canadian and US version in each of their websites (nissan.ca and nissanusa.com), you will notice that the block heater is not listed in the Specifications section under the Engine category, while it is in the Canadian brochure.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts