Nissan Pathfinder Forum banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
101 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Salesman mentioned that in the information center it indicated when a car was in your blindspot. I didn't pay attention when we test drove. Is this true?

·
Registered
120 Posts
If there is a dealer install option later or one for the 2014 that can be install on the 2013, I would get it.. I feel there is a big blind spot every time I change lanes.

·
Registered
50 Posts
Got my Pathfinder two weeks ago. Went by Autozone yesterday and picked up the two-pack of stick-on blind spot mirrors for $4.63. I put them on every car I've ever owned, and will . . . until they start becoming integrated standard equipment.

·
Registered
76 Posts
Your side mirrors ARE your blind spot mirrors if you set them right.

99% of Americans refuse to use them properly and want all three mirrors showing the road behind them...

I'm in the 1% and the wife is in the 99%...

·
Registered
101 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Agreed. Don't really care for them really. Nor would I see myself relying on them. Look over your shoulder or check your mirror. Figured it was just a knucklehead saleman not being up to speed on a product he sells. I hate that. Your job is to know the product you are selling. You have what, 10 cars to know the options on. All of which have a lot of the same features. How could you not know this.

·
Registered
13 Posts
Perhaps the salesperson was thinking about when you are at slow speeds with your camera on? I believe then you get warnings about objects detected by sonar, but this isn't the typical blind-spot warning system for changing lanes on the roadway, like most other vehicles out there with sonar.

·
Registered
1,206 Posts
You can adjust your stock mirrors to cover a large portion of the blind spot. The pathfinder mirrors aren't particularly small but if you are still worried you can install this.

·
Registered
1,259 Posts
You can adjust your stock mirrors to cover a large portion of the blind spot. The pathfinder mirrors aren't particularly small but if you are still worried you can install this.
those small mirror help out a lot and can be bought at nearly any automotive parts store around, even wal-marts have them.

I had them on my vehicle before and they were helpful but they just look ugly!

·
Registered
76 Posts
those small mirror help out a lot and can be bought at nearly any automotive parts store around, even wal-marts have them.

But look at it this way, they save you the trouble of putting the AARP sticker on the bumper to announce to the world that you're an old geezer... :D

·
Registered
120 Posts

I agree totally. Thats why we needed a side blinker and a digital blind spot detector/indicator. OR let us drive with the cameras on. :rolleyes:

1 - 13 of 13 Posts