Nissan Pathfinder Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi Everyone.

Bought a Nissan PF Ti 2020 few weeks back in Black Color. I never liked the front grill as its too much chrome. So decided to blackout the front grill and it turned out pretty good.

I only used 1 can of Plasti Dip (Amazon.com: Plasti Dip Performix 11252-6 Flex Blue Spray - 11 oz.: Automotive) to do the front grill and the lip.

It used to look like bellow

I couldn't figure out how to remove the front grill as some off the nuts being too tight. I was too scared to snap them open. So I decided to cover it up as it is and paint it.

So bought a roll of masking tape and a roll of paper towels. Started Covering the whole face leaving the grill.

Did the first coat of Plasti Dip

2nd Coat

3rd Coat

4th Coat

All done. And left it to cure overnight. And this is how it looks after cure

So this is the final result in the wild.

·
Registered
2017 Nismo
122 Posts
I have considered doing this but was afraid of rock chips and need to scrub off bugs. So I decided against it. Looks great!! I am dipping the chrome below the license plate and the top and bottom ring that goes around the nissan emblem. So it will just look like a straight chrome nissan plate. #DareToBeDifferent

·
Registered
244 Posts
Isn't there a clear coat you can apply from plasti dip so you can protect it more?

The grill came out super nice by the way, the black on black looks good.

·
Registered
2017 Nismo
122 Posts
Isn't there a clear coat you can apply from plasti dip so you can protect it more?

The grill came out super nice by the way, the black on black looks good.
They do have glossifier. It's plastidip's version of clear coat. I still don't think you can scrub on it if you had baked on bugs. Would probably be fine if you kept up on it and got them off when they were still fresh. But I'm not looking to do that after every drive. I do love that look though. I just don't want the maintenance and I am super picky about flaws on my vehicle.

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Yeah bugs and dust are a problem. I've already noticed some dust got baked in to it. I might use glossifier may be end of this week.
I had the same done on my other vehicle (xtrail 2017), it stopped catching dust with time. I think with time, plastidip stop catching dust

1 - 5 of 5 Posts