Nissan Pathfinder Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
38 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
I recently installed the black v-motion grille and didn't see any pictures or good detail of the process. Hopefully, this will help anybody wanting to do the upgrade. The whole process took about 30 - 45 min. The most challenging part was accessing clips marked 6 - 9 on the picture because the two plastic shrouds block them from behind. I used a long screw driver from the front to unclip one side. After that, the other side was easier to unclip.
In the picture below, I numbered the steps in order 1 - 9. Once the old grille is off, it's easy to remove the camera and Nissan badge and install them on the new grille.

White Automotive lighting Hood Grille Motor vehicle

Tire Sky Grille Car Vehicle

Tire Wheel Sky Car Vehicle

·
Registered
4 Posts
I recently installed the black v-motion grille and didn't see any pictures or good detail of the process. Hopefully, this will help anybody wanting to do the upgrade. The whole process took about 30 - 45 min. The most challenging part was accessing clips marked 6 - 9 on the picture because the two plastic shrouds block them from behind. I used a long screw driver from the front to unclip one side. After that, the other side was easier to unclip.
In the picture below, I numbered the steps in order 1 - 9. Once the old grille is off, it's easy to remove the camera and Nissan badge and install them on the new grille.

View attachment 16432
View attachment 16440
View attachment 16441
Thanks for sharing the v-motion grille replacement. I love the look of your rims and wheels, can you provide the specs/details on them. I have the platinum on order but don't love the 2 tone rims it's comes with.

Thanks.

·
Registered
38 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Thanks for sharing the v-motion grille replacement. I love the look of your rims and wheels, can you provide the specs/details on them. I have the platinum on order but don't love the 2 tone rims it's comes with.

Thanks.
Thanks. The wheels are actually the factory two-tone wheels that come with the Platinum trim. I didn't like them either, so I dipped them with Hyperdip. I posted more information in this thread. I also originally dipped the grille too, but wanted full glossy look of the factory black grille and swapped it out. The hyperdip is holding up great so far.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Thanks. The wheels are actually the factory two-tone wheels that come with the Platinum trim. I didn't like them either, so I dipped them with Hyperdip. I posted more information in this thread. I also originally dipped the grille too, but wanted full glossy look of the factory black grille and swapped it out. The hyperdip is holding up great so far.
Oh wow. Thought they looked similar but wasn't sure. I purchased the glossy piano finish hyperdip to do the exact same when I get the car. It's too bad they don't make the platinum badge in the black out package. Gotta dip those letters as you did as well.
I was planning on dipping the front grille but I may just purchase the blacked out oem grille.

·
Registered
14 Posts

View attachment 16432
View attachment 16440
View attachment 16441
Color combo looks great.
Reminds me of my MB 🥲

·
Registered
15 Posts

View attachment 16432
View attachment 16440
View attachment 16441
I just received my black grill and black badging....Will probably let the dealer or after market shop install. I have the exact same color as yours. Looks pretty cool!!!!!

1 - 9 of 9 Posts