Nissan Pathfinder Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Has anyone been through the automatic Carwash with their Pathfinders yet. I noticed the Antenna on top of the car on the back its pretty noticeable. I was wondering if it might cause some type of damage if I go through those automatic carwash places. So far I had my Pathfinder hand washed, a little pricey but afraid to go through the automatics.

Thanks guys:D

·
Premium Member
1,066 Posts
Been through quite a few, no trouble at all.

·
Registered
38 Posts
Has anyone been through the automatic Carwash with their Pathfinders yet. I noticed the Antenna on top of the car on the back its pretty noticeable. I was wondering if it might cause some type of damage if I go through those automatic carwash places. So far I had my Pathfinder hand washed, a little pricey but afraid to go through the automatics.

Thanks guys:D
It does not unscrew from the base?

·
Registered
1,206 Posts
This is why you go to TOUCHLESS car washes. The cloth washes are so bad for your paint.. They scratch it up. You will regret it down the line. Especially if you have a darker colored car.

·
Registered
150 Posts
No problems on my end but I do find automatic drive thru carwashes aren't that great. I personally go use coined timed car washes and do it by hand to ensure things really get cleaned.

·
Registered
8 Posts
I agree that automatic car washes are convenient, nothing beats a hand wash. The brushed whether cloths or nylon bristles will scratch your car not and the touchless car washes uses very harsh chemicals to try to break the dirt off. This will harm your car's finish in the long run.

·
Premium Member
1,066 Posts
This is why you go to TOUCHLESS car washes. The cloth washes are so bad for your paint.. They scratch it up. You will regret it down the line. Especially if you have a darker colored car.
It depends on the brush material. Modern touch car washes won't damage paint, even over the long run. I've found touchless car washes are too often ineffective and I end up having to touch up with instant detailer.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts